New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good day to tsikoteers.

I bought a honda city with its speakers removed. I am wondering is it easy to DIY the installation of the speakers? is it as easy as just putting the speaker and and connecting some wires? I am thinking of just doing DIY rather than have it installed in a shop.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    paps kundi di ka lang din naman familiar sa mga wiring mas mabuti na ipagawa mo na lang, me being a newbie sa car pag gusto ko malaman ipapagawa ko pero papanoorin ko pano gawin at least hindi mo man matutunan may idea ka na mapupulot.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Easy, if using the same size of speakers on the cut-out opening. Just remove the grill (be careful not to break the plastic snap lock) and secured it w/ screw. If using bigger speakers than the opening you may have to modify the cut-out.

If you made mistake on which one is Neg. or Pos. sounds are muddy. In that case reverse the polarity. Usually, positive prong on speakers are the larger one. Good luck.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    usually it's the door panel disassembly that's quite hard for a newbie and not the speaker installation pay special attention to speaker wire polarity. it will affect sound quality particularly bass frequencies as sound waves 180 degrees off will cancel each other out

DIY speaker installation??