New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello guys, i'm wondering if you guys can help me out with my dilemma..
    This is my very first audio DIY! Only problem is.. i think i will end up destroying it myself! haha! ..

here it goes.
    my brother gave me another V12 amplifier so i can use it exclusively for my Seps w/ crossover. Before kasi, i was using just 1 amplifier for my subwoofer and my separates.

Here's what i did..

1. I bridged the Ground Cable, Remote Cable and Power Cable of amp2 (v12 for seps) to amp1 (v12 for subs)
    2. Transferred RCA Cables from amp1 to amp 2

Here's where the problem starts! When i removed the wires of the separates from amp1, natanggal yung marker ko to identify which wire is positive and negative! the only label left is to identify whether it's for the right side or the left side!

I remember this installer before saying na baliktad yung polarity nung right speaker ko so i guess it's okay na malagay ang positive sa negative vise versa?

How do i go about fixing this without having to dismantle my door panels to check the crossovers?

Can i do it trial and error or do you suggest that i just bring it to a shop to check?

Thanks Tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    By the way,i forgot to mention. i used a distribution block with fuse for the power supply cable

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    So your problem is... if your speakers in phase?

You ca trace the wire by looking the color coding, striping into the jacket of the wire.

If your connections are not correct, the speakers will be out of phase. The sounds are out place, there wont be as much bass output and overall sounds are fuzzy and muffled. You can check for phasing by removing your speakers cover( no need to dismantle your door panel) and observe the drivers(cone). If your speakers are in phase the drivers are move in and out together....If out of phase they will move in opposition.

Another test that you can do is to turn your balance control all the way to the right or left. If you hear more bass in either of these positions than you can hear when tha balance control is in the middle, then your speakers are out of phase.

If out of phase, all speakers wire connection must be properly done in your amp so you dont have to tear down the whole doors of your car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi V6dreamer, thank you for the reply!

Anyway, i ended up removing the front door panels and saw the crossover and got totally puzzled! there were about four or five wires there leading to god knows where! haha! anyway, i learned of a new technique from another forum which is using a battery to check if you speakers are out of phase or not (any kind will do, AA, AAA, which ever you like).

What you do is you connect both negative and positive wires to the (-) and (+) of the battery... Then you will notice the speakers moving. If the speakers move toward you (inside the car), the wire you connected to the positive charge of the battery is the positive wire, if palabas, negative.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gpufrancisco View Post
    Hi V6dreamer, thank you for the reply!

Anyway, i ended up removing the front door panels and saw the crossover and got totally puzzled! there were about four or five wires there leading to god knows where! haha! anyway, i learned of a new technique from another forum which is using a battery to check if you speakers are out of phase or not (any kind will do, AA, AAA, which ever you like).

What you do is you connect both negative and positive wires to the (-) and (+) of the battery... Then you will notice the speakers moving. If the speakers move toward you (inside the car), the wire you connected to the positive charge of the battery is the positive wire, if palabas, negative.
    Yes, you could do that too, but the only downside is you have to purchase a battery and its another expenses.

DIY Seps to Amplifier Wiring