New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung HU ng car ko is yung stock HU (Pioneer) ng Mitsu Lancer. Sya yung may in-dash CD player, AM/FM Radio and walang cassette player.

Lately, napapansin ko na medyo hirap na syang mag read ng CDs. Medyo frequent na rin yung skips.

Naisip ko lang na baka madumi loob nun (similar to the principle of home CD players).

Question lang: Ang pag DIY cleaning ba neto is the same as yung Home CD Players, meaning, bibili lang ako ng lens cleaner sa audio stores tapos ipapasok ko na lang dito? If yes, which cleaners do you recommend? Yung dry ba o yung wet cleaners?

Tanx. :confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i were in your position, i'd call a pioneer service center and ask what you can do to clean the cd lens of your HU.

my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    the dry cleaner from philips

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had the same problem with my Kenwood HU in-dash CD. I tried the generic CD cleaners in the market but to no avail. I had mine cleaned and checked and the problem was solved. Have the unit checked and cleaned by your authorized Pioneer Service Center.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung adventurous ka Happy, you can open your HU's chassis and clean the lens with a microfiber towel and some alcohol.

If not, meron Pioneer service center across isuzu alabang... along Alabang zapote road. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede na ba cotton swab n alcohol? or cotton lng? tnx

DIY Cleaning ng In-Dash CD Player