New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hi all. Just wondering if it's possible to install a CD changer on my own. What tools are necessary for an underneath-the-seat install?

If not, where's the best place to get Alpine CHA-S604 (cheapest of the Ai-Net line) with install?

I asked AUTOSPORT Megamall (retailer ng local distributor - Perfect Circle) and they sell it for 8,xxx with no installation. A store in Evangelista which I happened to pass by today was selling it for 9,200 with installation. Sayang din ang 500 or more diff. Unless talagang mahirap mag DIY...

Thanks for the help.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I finally decided to get that CD changer to connect with my stock HU. As it turns out, DIY of putting the changer under the seat was simple. The installer just placed it there without fastening it. I'm thinking of cutting up a foam mold for it so it won't slide around.

Getting the cable up to the HU was another thing. Unlike some Pioneer HUs which can be pulled out with a special tool, this Alpine thing is screwed on. The A/C vents had to be removed and the assembly required a socket wrench. Good thing I had someone install it for me. I don't have that sort of wrench yet...

Anyway, might be useful to you one of these days so I thought I'd share it.

Got my changer from Autostar, recommended in the list of shops...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by the_wildthing
    I finally decided to get that CD changer to connect with my stock HU. As it turns out, DIY of putting the changer under the seat was simple. The installer just placed it there without fastening it. I'm thinking of cutting up a foam mold for it so it won't slide around.
    nilagay po sa ilalim ng seat without attaching metal bracket? so pag nag hard brake eh luluwa sa passenger side? tama po ba intindi ko?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masama pong walang bracket yan....dapat po may kasama yan..kung wala..naloko kayo.

luluwag mga internal parts niyan hindi magtatagal.

DIY CD changer install et al