New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Is it possible to prevent/disable the car's antenna from rising from its 'hole' when i'm only playing CD and not using the radio tuner at all? And only rise when radio function is selected?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can put a manual switch between the radio and antenna so you can cut current to the antenna when you are playing CD's.

In essence you will fool the antenna into thinking that the HU is off.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    san ako pwedeng magpainstall nito?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noel26 View Post
    san ako pwedeng magpainstall nito?
    DIY i presume kung maalam ka sa wiring ng audio system mo. But i think any electrical shop can handle that. I'll just have Rey's Electrical do it...kaya lang antay na lang ako ng isasabay na ipapagawa.

I was actually hoping na may some sort of jumper/swirch settings i can manipulate sa system...anyway.. thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some HUs have this feature. But most newer HUs now have removed that feature since most car antennas now are either fixed type or printed type.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its not as easy as just putting a switch between the antenna and the HU. may modification pa na gagawin sa switching ng antenna. there are different types of antenna circuits. just make sure na trarabaho ang antenna after the modification.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tanggalin mo HU sa dashboard. Sa rear panel ng HU mo, may wire yun na naka-indicate Power antenna. Pag naka ON HU ko dati, tataas yung antenna, so what I did is put a toggle switch betwwen the wire sa antenna ko and HU. Ngayon OK na, kahit naka CD ako di tataas ang antenna ko.

Try mo.

Disabling radio antenna during CD playback?