New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sirs/ma'am's i'm planning to upgrade my set up. current as of now is:
    2sets mb quart coax eka-113 (powered by rf p450.4)
    1 rf p3sd412 shallow series sub (powered by p450.4 bridged 225w/ch*4ohms)
    Sub enclosure ported, pvc 4"x12", h=16, w=32, d=10" , 3/4mdf
    1 1farad ground zero cap
    1 stock hu (jvc kd avx1)
    1 battery (stock 1sn lang yata iyun)

upgrade:
    * additional dls separates for the front (this will surely be done due to add rear fill for the passenger (my daughter) while watching dvd)

upgrade choices:
    1. sound deadening & change of enclosure for the current sub (p3sd412) & cd changer
    2. sub system upgrade (additional 1pcs p3sd412, enlclosure for the 2 p3s, rf T10001bd to power the 2pcs p3s)

iyung po palang sinasabi kong rear fill is iyung nasa coax na nasa front is ilalagay sa may passenger and iyung new dls seps is sa harap ilalagay. and iyung ilalagay na mb coax sa may passenger is to be powered by kicker ix254 (old kicker impulse amp series) bridged to 65rms.

and lastly sirs/maam's, if possible, may i have a suggestion as to the design, dimension and materials (3/4 or 1"mdf) for the enclosure for one p3sd412.

please kindly help me in deciding, mahilig lang po sa sounds pero hindi naman po sumasali sa mga contest. which of the two would you recommend? practical po ba? thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    praktical po ba??? ~hindi na tinatanong yun, basta music ibigay ang lahat! :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dude, ask ko lng san ka magpapainstall ng ganyan? magpapadeadening na rin kc ako eh, Blaupunkt seps at mid powered by SPL and Kicker powered by RF lng set up ko, simple lng pero ok na sa akin eh, kelangan ko daw kc mag padeadening, medyo may distortion na daw eh

BTW, i mean pati ung pag install ng seps, wirings, etc.. mo ha, papacheck na rin kc ako wiring eh,
    Last edited by mackkcam; October 4th, 2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: add

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir,

para sa akin,

mukhang ok na ung gamit mo sir with the DLS seps upgrade. suggest ko po, sound deadening. malaki po improvement nyan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Dude, ask ko lng san ka magpapainstall ng ganyan? magpapadeadening na rin kc ako eh, Blaupunkt seps at mid powered by SPL and Kicker powered by RF lng set up ko, simple lng pero ok na sa akin eh, kelangan ko daw kc mag padeadening, medyo may distortion na daw eh

BTW, i mean pati ung pag install ng seps, wirings, etc.. mo ha, papacheck na rin kc ako wiring eh,
    sir dito po kami sa tarlac, so ang installation and shop ko na suki is sa lucao dagupan city, DAN'S CAR. ok mga may bossing dun. approachable. with the price, ok din.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir A121, thank's for the reply. mukha ngang deadening and upgrade seps na lang, medyo practical kasi hindi naman ako sumasali. for personal satisfaction lang. ty po ulit. iyugn seps sir magiging rf na rin

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Sir XER, if I may be of assistance, I was in the car audio industry before and my shop was doing competition vehicles. I even judged at IASCA competitions before. There are some basic questions to a proper sounding vehicle. What kind of vehicle do you use? What kind of music do you listen to? Are you after clarity (proper sound imaging and staging) or just plain BOOM? How much vehicle space are you willing to sacrifice? What is your budget for the system? , etc. These questions are what you could use to guide you to proper sound system design. It is not just a matter of stuffing all your equipment in your vehicle just so you could use them all. You can even be very minimal about it. I did a competition car that had just a total of 5 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 mid ranges, 1 sub (8" at that)) and 150watts of power. And it sounded great and was a even louder than some cars with much greater amplification. Its all about efficiency and proper speaker placement. Sound damping is a great start because it can minimize rattles and other mechanical noise that can detract from your listening experience, thus giving you a more "silent" vehicle to work with. But it is just a start and what you do with the rest of your equipment is very important, especially the speaker placement. If you are an audiophile you would understand the nature of proper stereo sonics, or the proper recreation of the sound stage. This is too technical to discuss here, but my whole point is that before you keep adding and adding equipment look at (or have you installer study) your needs. A reconfiguration of your existing equipment may be better. This goes out to others starting our in the wonderful world of car audio and electronics.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Now regarding the system that you intend... You apparently have a DVD player and screen and would probably want a proper "mobile theater". It would be ok to have several speakers more than that of a traditional "stereo" setup since you are trying to recreate a "home theater" environment but what you do with those speakers is critical I could suggest to have the component separates up front, installed as far away from the listener (you) as possible (ex. kick panels for the mids, windshield corners for the tweeters, or both in the kick panels). Then the rear fill in the rear deck and a center channel mid/tweet if possible (optional). Your single sub will be enough if the enclosure is designed properly to complement not just the sub, but your vehicle as well. Let your installer select the most rigid material possible but remember that its is a balance of space used... the thicker your enclosure material, the larger it needs to be to compensate. You may not be willing to sacrifice the space. Let me know of your opinion.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wrong post. sorry

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yes sir XSCV4S, I really appreciate all that you've said. and it will help me a lot on what to do with my current setp up. I think i would be doing what you've recommended to put the component speakers up front, having a mid/center channel, and a rear fill and lastly to stick to my one 12" sub. frankly speaking, i think what made me thinking about upgrading my equipment is that, i'm somewhat dissatisfied with how all my equipment looks like! I mean, the way they are put in their place. (I'm nuts! , sorry ) i really can't sacrifice much of my space because sometimes i'm loading my car with motorcycle tires up to the ceiling! (my car is a isuzu sportivo 2007, philipine version)

But now i think i know what i'm gonna do, to have a system as stealth as possible, and to reconfigure my system.

sir XSCV42, i salute you for your advice. thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
dilemma on upgrades