New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    What are the effects if configured at 0, -3, and -6dB?
    Still not sure what value the installer has set when he wired it up.
    FYI, seps is MB Quart DSD216.

Personally I like the seps' current highs and SQ, but a passenger complained that the high-freqs are harsh (read: matining).

BTW, my setup has no external amp, no sub. Just the seps and 6x9.

Tnx! :lol:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that's the attenuation setting for the tweets. 0 is no attenuation. Try setting to -3 or -6. but if you like it, leave it as is. Its your car. usually we set up our cars from the driver's position. so it may sound good to the driver, but not the passengers. siguro di lang sanay yung pasahero mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you like it keep it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reminds me of the Pioneer KP500 round dial and those Pioneer horn tweeters sa jeepneys of the 80's. TSEEET,TSEEET,TSSIIKOT :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I checked the settings, and it's at 0dB. I adjusted to -3dB. Nabawasan ng kaunti yung tining. :D

I set my SFEQ to intensify front treble and bass, rear bass, focused on LEFT side (driver's) for good sound-shaping.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mgam, try and experiment with the angle of your tweets it may reduce harshness a little sa pax side, if your not satisfied with the way it sound then set it back to original position, a little experiment might do good :D

correct me if i'm wrong you have a Pioneer HU with built in SFEQ right? 6450 or 7450??? if yes, instead of using the SFEQ function why not try to put the built in EQ to Flat, then adjust the 3band eq/bass&treble/xover to your likeness and consider also what it would sound sa pax side kasi paano kung girl ang sasakay tapos sakit sa tenga ng sound mo diba turn-off agad! :D

just my two cents bro'. :D

Crossover tweeter levels (0dB, -3dB, -6dB)