New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    tube subs (powered or not) are the best compromise that i can suggest if you want to keep any semblance of cargo space.

if you're not into systemsthat can be heard blocks away, an 8" sub in the proper enclosure will be sufficient for your needs. typically, their enclosures are small so you can keep a lot of your cargo space.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks sir.
    umm, how do i know if ok pa condition ng speakers? yung mga sound refinement paper ba na kinakabit sa speakers available sa mga car accessory shop nakakatulong?
    so is this setup ok? (tama ba? possible ba to?):
    a good HU (probably pioneer dehp7700mp) with aux in
    a 4ch amp to power the front macroms and their seps going thru the macrom crossovers.
    a 10" or 8" subwoofer in a tube with its own amp for the bass.

ok ba to? estimate nyo magkano aabutin? saka what will become of my 6x9s sa rear? useless na ba yun? or can the amp from the subs power it also? or the amp thats powering the front?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    check for any signs of damage to the cone, surround, spider, pigtails. next is check if the cone move along it's entire excursion length smoothly. if those points are ok, there shouldn't be any problems with the speaker.

the 4-channel amp can power the macroms and a subwoofer. if you plan on using a powered tube sub, then the extra 2-channels of the amp can be used to power your rear speakers.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wow! thank you so much sir for the very useful info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Civic Hatchback Sound Setup Help