New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    void nga sabi nila..according to the rules..pero we still can get away with it..nde naman tlga nila chinecheck eh.. yung gnawa namin na 03 crv, la pa 1month ginawa namin sounds...la nman sinasabi casa pag pinapasok for inspection and may nireklamo din ata cya na may sira.. pinalitan nman...btw naka 18"na mags pa to...heheheh

pero 2 be safe pag sa tingin mo eh mavovoid warranty pag nagsounds ka and makkita nila..suggest ko tanggal muna pag may claim ka na warranty...matrabaho langnga...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GAPV7777 , huwag kang mag-alala sa void ng warranty . DI naman nasisira ang electrical mo pag pro nagkabit niyan . ANg importante ay huwag ma void ang drivetrain mo w/c are the moving parts of the car like the engine like bolt on mods and customize upgrades , yan ang iwasan mo .

Back on ur system , price set aside , sa tingin ko ay ok siya . Do you have plans to upgrade it soon or dagdagan mo ?? If dagdagan mo , get the separates and another amp to take care the 6X9 and separates and ur existing amp will be pushing ur subwoofer .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung EPS kaya hindi maapektuhan kasi dagdag load ka sa electrical mo?

Read this...hths

For the wheels for e.g., a recent talk-point is that Honda has supposedly stated that the EPS on the City is not compatible with anything larger than 14" wheels. I myself am very surprised at this news. Accordingly, I contacted Honda Malaysia for clarification of this item. Apparently Honda R&D Thailand's feedback to the question of putting 15" wheels on the City is that the EPS as supplied on the City is 'set-up' to work with only 14" wheels. However, at this moment no further details are available yet with regards to the technical reasons. Personally I do not see any solid reason why the EPS will develop problems when asked to work with 15" rather than 14" wheels. When we increase the size of the wheels, the biggest impact is the larger angular momentum. In an 'alloy rim', most of the weight are located at the edge, i.e. the 'rim'. So as the size goes up, most of the rim's weight goes further and further away from the center of the wheel and accordingly, so the angular momentum (I hope this is the correct term to use as my physics is a bit rusty) increases. Therefore large wheels will have several impacts on the car - the larger angular momentum makes it harder to spin the wheels plus the larger wheels as a whole will be heavier too (unless we go exotic alloys like Magnesium rims). So larger wheels slows down the acceleration of the car. Then the heavier wheels puts more load and stress on various components of the suspension; the bearings for e.g. Conceptually, the EPS when set-up to work with the stock 14" wheels may not be operating optimally if we go 15" due to the heavier wheels. If so, this may lead to a heavier steering feel. Theoretically if we go too large a size, the EPS servo motor may be overloaded but seriously I doubt it will happen.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ano ba eps? sori mang mang ako eh..pero i also dont see any reason kung bakit nde puwede mag 15", im assuing that the total diameter or even radius of the wheel will change from when changing from 14"-15" pero nde ba sa goma naman yung bahala to compensate for the size diff, kaya nga mga low profile na ang kasama sa 15" eh... yan ang share lang.. or i could be wrong din...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
City'03 audio setup