New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi guys,

i saw some people selling LCD-TV(made in china), are they worth it? Imagine mo 2-din cost only less than 20K... Or just save the money and buy a branded one like AVT or JVC...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    9 months ago i bought pensonic lcd tv 21" made in china so far wala pa naman ako naging problem sa tv. Isang bagay lang ang napansin ko is the picture quality medyo hindi pa maganda pero okay lang hindi naman expensive ang tv made in china.

i bought the tv para subukan ang quality and durability, balitaan ko kayo until when maglast ang tv from china.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the reply.

but i'm more interested in car tv.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    eto lang masasabi ko... almost lahat ng mga bagay ngayon gawang china na... so you guys should be aware too... for all this time you might think that you are buying original japan, US, and Europe made items, but in fact they are just made in China... China market caters to all classes of consumers, A, B, C, D, and E. It doesn't mean that if an item is made in China, it is already patakbuhin, not!

kilatisin ninyo na lang nang mabuti! I am a regular attendant sa Canton Fair and all I can say is this, maraming bulok pero marami ding magaganda!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i think you should also consider where the product is headed for.. i mean if its for the US.. then the quality should be better than if it is made for 3rd world countries...in my opinion the third world countries is where new products are tested..to see if it would either survive or fail before they send it to first world countries..like my dad for example bought a new digital camera in thailand. when they went to the US everyone was amazed at the camera.. 2 years later thats when that model came out in the US... i think, this is my opinion, the reason that first world countries are behind with it comes to new electronic products is because in those countries warranties are really abided by very strictly.. so imagin if new untested products are sent straight to the US.. the failure rate will be very high and lots of products will be returnd. dont you think.. this brings me back to china products.. i have a inovatek DVD car stereo bought in the US,, i saw the exact same model in thailand with a different brand name,,and so far its working fine for me..also had a proline car stereo and that worked fine too... and sad to say most products now are made in china...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I've had my EONON 2xDIN headunit with a 7" widescreen for about a year now. I bought this off the internet and was an import from China to the UK. The price then was about P17k. It has a USB and SD card socket and can play CD, VCD, DVD, MP3, DiVX and MP4 files, besides the TV and AM/FM functions.

It can play MP3's written on DVD discs (more tracks) and has the usual IN/OUT ports. The TV is multi-system, compatible with NTSC and PAL signals for UK TV reception, though it's not much of a use since the transition from analog to digital TV (DVB) here is almost done. It doesn't have a connection for the speed sensor, but the screen display can be turned off manually while the video is still playing - which is important since having video's (except satnav) visible to the driver while more than 5mph is illegal in the UK - and still have a video output signal for an external monitor (like the back seat monitor).

The audio quality is good, but not much different from the stock HU it replaced. Video quality for me is, after much tweaking with the video controls, barely passable. It needs more brightness and the display can be easily washed out by sunlight. The viewing angle is good enough though.

Not that I was expecting much from this ... on the contrary, I'd say it was worth the price I paid. A good 7" monitor alone costs more than this HU in the UK. Even the last MP3 HU I bought (the cheapest Alpine model) was more expensive. You get what you paid for, 'ika nga. Overall, it was perfect for my van, the price well within my insurer's cover for HU theft.

china LCD-TV feedback?