New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi. May feedback po ba kayo sa flyaudio? Balak ko sana palagay sa civic ko. What if i decide to upgrade my sepa later on...may effect po ba ito? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Effect? Ano hinahanap mong effect?

Most China head units cannot compete with Pioneer and Alpine based on pure sound quality. This is because their primary function isn't that but to provide a multitude of services (Bluetooth, GPS, etc.) at the best competitive price. This is why some people buy 40k 1DIN head units while others are even nuttier with 100k plus 1DIN head units (yes, the ones without GPS, etc.).

There are a LOT of factors that may "change" the sound.

Disclosure: I know the distributor of FlyAudio personally.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the reply jhnkvn! My dilemma really is that i want the features of flyaudio (i.e. video, dvd, gps, bluetooth) but i also want sound quality. Let's face it...playing music pa rin ang main function ng head unit. This is why im planning to upgrade my system soon.

With this, meron bang head unit where you can have the best if both worlds?

By effect, i mean kung mag upgrade ka ng sound system later on, can you maximize its sound qualit kahit naka china hu or flyaudio ka lang?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mad0307 View Post
    Thanks for the reply jhnkvn! My dilemma really is that i want the features of flyaudio (i.e. video, dvd, gps, bluetooth) but i also want sound quality. Let's face it...playing music pa rin ang main function ng head unit. This is why im planning to upgrade my system soon.

With this, meron bang head unit where you can have the best if both worlds?

By effect, i mean kung mag upgrade ka ng sound system later on, can you maximize its sound qualit kahit naka china hu or flyaudio ka lang?
    Since I doubt it'll be an extensive car audio setup, I believe most China head units suffice naman. Not a fan of Fuke and their Pioneer look-alikes though.

My only hope for these head units is that they output a flat full-range signal without any signal modification (ex. "lalabas yun boses" is usually a hump in the midrange 400-800hz region). For those really serious in SQ, you'll be looking at terms such as "independent L/R EQ", "31-band graphic or 10-band parametric EQ", "time delay", "active crossovers and phase" etc. and most, if not all, integrated GPS, music, video, etc. head units do NOT have these.

My verdict: If you plan on a simple setup about less than 20k, most China-made head units are good enough. However, once you start getting serious and start ramping the budget up to 60k-100k, I won't recommend them.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 23rd, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Very well said sir. My audio set-up won't exceed P25k naman, otherwise my wife will kill me. Haha

By the way, 'Fuke'? Really? Lol

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Anothet question pala: how about avt? Is it better than flyaudio?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mad0307 View Post
    Anothet question pala: how about avt? Is it better than flyaudio?
    Relatively the same lang. They don't really differ much in terms of interior components. Just go for the one that you believe is (1) better aesthetically - nothing pisses me off rather than an awkward fit.. and (2) features you will use.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    flyaudio is a great HU plus it's a plug and play so no splicing needed unlike pioneer and avt. it's the safest HU available in the market but of course it's not as feature packed as pioneer. it's a simple HU that works well if you don't plan to upgrade your whole cars soundsystem.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks foresterx! That's exactly what i like about flaudio (plug n play lang) plus it looks oem to me. Have you installed one to any of your cars sir?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Relatively the same lang. They don't really differ much in terms of interior components. Just go for the one that you believe is (1) better aesthetically - nothing pisses me off rather than an awkward fit.. and (2) features you will use.
    Thanks sir. If ever i go flyaudio, whats a good/quality seps and subs that can go with it sir? Also, given my budget limit of only P20k. TIA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast