New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi guys.... what you think about cellphone with navigator? is there such a thing now there in the philippines? (ok im here in switzerland) and i've seen here that every car had a navigator and soon there is this company who will bring out this cellphone + navigator. actually my friend is working there and he said maybe we could market also in the philippines, but i dont have idea though if we already have it there. but as i read the forum i dont think so....am i right? because actually they can make program with this gadget so it will be applicable in our country.....
    i was just thinking of making business actually. i would love to hear any suggestion or opinions or comments or whatever regarding this matter. and whoever had idea about business. please write me. my email add is cup_shovei*yahoo.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think meron na.
    Last edited by Camgen6; August 8th, 2006 at 06:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yup meron na... it's called tomtom mobile kaso wala pang maps ata for the philippines. yun ang gamit ko ngayon dito sa australia. I tried looking for a map for the phils pero wala. para sana sa dad ko nung nag-visit sila dito. I use a bluetooth gps receiver with it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i am not that sure if navigator will be efficient here in the phil especially metro manila, where traffic re routing is quite often...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ok lang yon. Most, if not all current navi softwares have the rerouting feature ... In case you have to turn because of a traffic diversion or just made a mistake in turning, the software will recalculate your route.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think Verizon here in the US has that feature, pag hanap ka ng e.g. sine e turn per turn nya sasabihin.

You have to make a more intense feasibility study to bring it to the Phils though. One is that electronic maps are very expensive (thousand of dollars per section), I know coz we use that in designing cellular networks there, we enter longtitude/lat rather than street name and rely on our familiarity of Metro Manila for the street name. I don't know however if they have a street per street/stret name resolution for the Phils. Meron na bang Navi option ang mga oto sa Pinas? Kung wala big sabihin walang mapa.

That's a good idea man. If you could make it work you can pitch it to cellular providers there, (although I doubt that they haven't thought of that already and determined its viability as a revenue generator is not that good). But you might get a better break.

Good Luck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using mapking asia for navigating metro manila using an xda mini coupled with holux bluetooth gps receiver. it have a complete street map of metromanila and have routing with voice assisted navigation.

for the rest of the philippines, i use garmin que's software.

Cellphone with navigation sytem