New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir

Good Morning!Good Afternoon!Good Evening!

Sino po ba sa inyo meron naka-install CB radio sa ride nyo?Saan po shop nagtitinda ng CB radio? Magkano po registration fee sa NTC? Meron po ba mga CB group existing till now? I recall group called ZBART13 - still exist pa ba?Any info on this I appreciate your help.

Thank You!10-4 Goodbuddy!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello,

I've done it before ... but not exactly CB radio. The antenna was a K40 tuned to 10 meters/28 MHz, and the radio was an HF/SSB. I used to be a CB'er a long time ago, but did the chatting while in a fixed/base station. One of my first CB's was a GE-"garbage"

AFAIK, the NTC doesn't issue new licenses for CB radio. CB radio in the Philippines was banned in the late 70's by Marcos. Existing licenses then can still be renewed to remain valid ... but with the ban yet to be rescinded, why would anyone renew it?

You can try e-mail'ing ntc*ntc.gov.ph regarding CB. I did on several times, but never got an answer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a VHF radio in my car.

i don't know kung meron pang mga gumagamit ng CB radio, puro VHF and UHF lang mga nakikita ko.

ang mga shops na nagtitinda ng mga 2-way radios:

Andelnes and Unico in Chinatown,
    CQ-DX in Retiro, above Red Ribbon.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir SSix and boybi thanxs sa info.

I used to be CB'er. I got the COBRA the classic before sira na ngayon hehehehe. Mas tipid keysa sa TXT & Kol. Isang unit home base and sa ride.Hindi kailangan nang load mas malakas ang frequency mo mas maganda. Sana bumalik uli etoh. Salamat folks.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    i have a VHF radio in my car.

i don't know kung meron pang mga gumagamit ng CB radio, puro VHF and UHF lang mga nakikita ko.

ang mga shops na nagtitinda ng mga 2-way radios:

Andelnes and Unico in Chinatown,
    CQ-DX in Retiro, above Red Ribbon.
    sir boybi saan ka ba base at member ka ba communication group?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    DY1-DMF here, Quicksilver of Amigo Group when I was still using the CB during the 70's. Sold my 2meter 3 years ago as my daughter was being jammed while I talk to her. Used to have a TM261A in my car and in the house. Sold everything except for my 5/8 antenna which is still sticked to the wall of the house till this day.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by F1fireserpent
    I used to be CB'er. I got the COBRA the classic before sira na ngayon hehehehe.
    Ayos yang Cobra ... 148GTL ba?

We (my old man and myself) used to have a President Grant on the car, K40 magmount and Turner JM+2B power mic. For the base, we had a GE Mod. B with a 250w amp, a Turner SuperSidekick and a 3-elem yagi. This was back in the late 70's.

By the time I went to college, I took the Ham Radio exam and fortunately passed it. At the same time my parents were in the US, the old man also passed his exam and we kept in touch through radio ... this was before the internet, kaya laking tipid talaga sa overseas call.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    DY1-DMF here, Quicksilver of Amigo Group when I was still using the CB during the 70's. Sold my 2meter 3 years ago as my daughter was being jammed while I talk to her. Used to have a TM261A in my car and in the house. Sold everything except for my 5/8 antenna which is still sticked to the wall of the house till this day.
    Bong ba ang first name mo? [size=1](ref: pinoyhams on the web http://pinoyham.org/)[/size]

I love Kenwood radios! The receiver may be a bit crappy on most pre-DSP models, but on transmit they are terrific. The station I had was able to cover all Ham bands from 40m HF up to 70cm UHF. I left most of my rigs in the Philippines, but brought along a Kenwood TS-440S to England where I'm now licensed as M0WGN.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Ayos yang Cobra ... 148GTL ba?

We (my old man and myself) used to have a President Grant on the car, K40 magmount and Turner JM+2B power mic. For the base, we had a GE Mod. B with a 250w amp, a Turner SuperSidekick and a 3-elem yagi. This was back in the late 70's.

By the time I went to college, I took the Ham Radio exam and fortunately passed it. At the same time my parents were in the US, the old man also passed his exam and we kept in touch through radio ... this was before the internet, kaya laking tipid talaga sa overseas call.

Bong ba ang first name mo? [size=1](ref: pinoyhams on the web http://pinoyham.org/)[/size]

I love Kenwood radios! The receiver may be a bit crappy on most pre-DSP models, but on transmit they are terrific. The station I had was able to cover all Ham bands from 40m HF up to 70cm UHF. I left most of my rigs in the Philippines, but brought along a Kenwood TS-440S to England where I'm now licensed as M0WGN.

Yup, that is me and no one else.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DY1-JDL here ..... i have two MIDLAND VHF portable two way radios in my car. although ginagamit ko na lang sila pag may lakad ang family at barkada lalo na kung convoy kami. I used to have iCOM units pero nasira na. Naalala ko pa yung larsen antenna's ko, poging-pogi!!!

I'll be on QRX ;)
    Last edited by jim; July 18th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    May exam pala para sa HAM Radio. Freelance - No Group. High Schools friends. kami -kami lang mga magkakabarkada. Naalala ko pa kapag lady nasa radio hanapin namin sa palo frequency hehehehe. pati codes meron kami sariling dictionary- kami kami lang nagkakainitndihan hehehehe. Lakas naman mga radio nyo. Rubber Duckie Antena sa ride and 3 elements sa Base nakatali lang sa labas nag bintana hehehee. Sana mauso ulit. Call sign - "GreenHornet"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CB Radio 10-4!