New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Anybody had experience using 12V DC to 220V AC power inverter in their cars?
    Would like to get suggestions sana on good brands and where to buy.
    Planning to use one for a digital TV box (not ABS-CBN TV Plus). Input power is either 220V AC or 5V DC lang kasi, unlike the 12V DC TV Plus.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    make sure your 12v outlet can support 100w though your device will probably only draw 30w.

had some off brands and black&deckers. the cooling fans on the off brands are too loud. the black&decker ones are somewhat quiet for cellphone chargers. but if the load for example is a laptop it can get loud because the cooling(fan) circuitry goes on full blast.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

make sure your 12v outlet can support 100w though your device will probably only draw 30w.

had some off brands and black&deckers. the cooling fans on the off brands are too loud. the black&decker ones are somewhat quiet for cellphone chargers. but if the load for example is a laptop it can get loud because the cooling(fan) circuitry goes on full blast.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    Anybody had experience using 12V DC to 220V AC power inverter in their cars?
    Would like to get suggestions sana on good brands and where to buy.
    Planning to use one for a digital TV box (not ABS-CBN TV Plus). Input power is either 220V AC or 5V DC lang kasi, unlike the 12V DC TV Plus.

TIA
    you have to try out the inverter, connecting it to the battery and to the gadget it will power.
    some inverters kasi, do not provide the *true alternating current* (whatever that means) that the home socket provides and your gadget is designed for. your gadget may perform intermittently or provide distorted output.
    sorry but i can't provide the brands to look for or avoid..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 19th, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Most off the shelf inverters are modified sine wave inverters. If you look through an oscilloscope the wave it produces is squared off, kantuhan kung baga. The alternating current off the mains in your house meanwhile is a true sine wave (maganda yung curves). What that means is your typical inverter is not good for electric fans, refs, or any appliance that uses an AC motor. But for electronic devices that employs filters (e.g. AC to DC like chargers) ok lang. True sine wave inverters are expensive btw.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Just use dc-to-dc converter. If thats an rca tv tuner the 5v 3amps could be drawn from regular usb charger, lots in the market, seen up to 5amps.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Bought a china made psw inverter. Hooked to the the car battery and alternator. It powered my house for an hour during brownout minus the ref and aircon.

Total wattage was about 600 watts only

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm using a 300W Panther inverter for my home solar power project connected to a Motolite 100Ah Solar Master battery. Powering my DSL modem, wifi router, night light and charger for my fones and tablets.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I'm using a 300W Panther inverter for my home solar power project connected to a Motolite 100Ah Solar Master battery. Powering my DSL modem, wifi router, night light and charger for my fones and tablets.
    Medyo ot but really interested in something like this...wala nga lang knowhow. How much did you spend sir and do yuu think a solar installation is worth it? Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a dc-to-AV inverter in the car. Got it from the US a long time ago, about 10 years ago. It uses the 12volt car outlet to produce 120 volts AC rated at 140 watts. I bought to power my old PS2 with an aftermarket LCD flat screen monitor. I use it now to charge phone and laptops.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Just use dc-to-dc converter. If thats an rca tv tuner the 5v 3amps could be drawn from regular usb charger, lots in the market, seen up to 5amps.
    TY mga Sir sa inyong responses and suggestions.
    You're all of big help.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast