New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bro yan dapat gamit mo. drive ka 30minutes 50-70% charged if your phone is quickcharge compatible. I use anker dual output qc3.0

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    c9 pro gamit ko bro eh
    may nagsabi kasi sa pdvd, na yung a7 nya sa wall charger adaptive fast charging pero pag sa car charger di nag fast charging. pero nung s7 na daw phone nya both wall and car charger nag adaptive fast charging naman daw.
    Baka pang high end lang yun fast charger sa auto lol
    Last edited by ninjababez; October 16th, 2017 at 08:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Thats exactly what blew up all my fuses. Though it was used to power up the ps4. A phone charger is a diff story.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    grabe pala sa shopee 1 month bago ma deliver
    magkano bili nung sayo bro eq?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    My 500watt inverter makes noise due to the cooling fan. I never used the lighter socket powered inverter again so i couldnt say if it was still working.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Mas lalo ba to EQs? Merong video demo pa, plugging in sa lighter socket.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have an old car inverter. I got it way back in 2005 when I was still working in Minneapolis. I still use it when we are on road trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I have an old car inverter. I got it way back in 2005 when I was still working in Minneapolis. I still use it when we are on road trips.

Pwede malaman brand sir? Available kaya sa lazada? Or Amazon?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketib View Post
    Check ko sa bahay. I got it from Best Buy when I worked as a consultant for them years ago.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have a small 200W model which I got from CDR-K a long time ago. I don't use it much but when I do, it's for charging my laptop (90W) in between meetings while in the field. I've also used it to charge my drone batteries on the road.

One thing you need to pay attention to is the rating of your cigarette lighter socket. Most are just 10 or 15A. That means, at 15A, it can only deliver 180W max (before the inverter). If you factor in the inverter (which also use up power for itself and therefore, you lose some efficiency), the output power post-inverter will be slightly lower still:

P = V x A x Inverter Efficiency

where:
    P = Max inverter power output
    V = Typical supply voltage
    A = Max supply current
    Inverter efficiency (Typical) = 85%

So for a vehicle with a 12V, 15A power socket:

12V x 15A x 0.85 = 153W

But if you connect your inverter to a 10A socket:

12V x 10A x 0.85 = 102W

TL;DR: If your load is at or approaching the power limits of your cig lighter socket, consider having either a dedicated wiring (fused) for the inverter or simply use the alligator clips and attach it directly to the battery (obviously, the latter is applicable only when the vehicle is stationary).

You risk popping a fuse at best or ruin your vehicle's wiring and/or cause a fire at worst if you don't keep an eye on your loads. That's why I opted for a smaller inverter. I would surely trigger the overload protection on the inverter first before potentially overloading the vehicle's electrical system.
    Last edited by oj88; July 28th, 2020 at 10:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketib View Post
    Here you go. It’s 15 years old already but still working.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I have a small 200W model which I got from CDR-K a long time ago. I don't use it much but when I do, it's for charging my laptop (90W) in between meetings while in the field. I've also used it to charge my drone batteries on the road.

One thing you need to pay attention to is the rating of your cigarette lighter socket. Most are just 10 or 15A. That means, at 15A, it can only deliver 180W max (before the inverter). If you factor in the inverter (which also use up power for itself and therefore, you lose some efficiency), the output power post-inverter will be slightly lower still:

P = V x A x Inverter Efficiency

where:
    P = Max inverter power output
    V = Typical supply voltage
    A = Max supply current
    Inverter efficiency (Typical) = 85%

So for a vehicle with a 12V, 15A power socket:

12V x 15A x 0.85 = 153W

But if you connect your inverter to a 10A socket:

12V x 10A x 0.85 = 102W

TL;DR: If your load is at or approaching the power limits of your cig lighter socket, consider having either a dedicated wiring (fused) for the inverter or simply use the alligator clips and attach it directly to the battery (obviously, the latter is applicable only when the vehicle is stationary).

You risk popping a fuse at best or ruin your vehicle's wiring and/or cause a fire at worst if you don't keep an eye on your loads. That's why I opted for a smaller inverter. I would surely trigger the overload protection on the inverter first before potentially overloading the vehicle's electrical system.
    lol this is very true. Many years ago I burned my car's cigarette lighter fuse playing with a 1000W inverter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345