New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    First of all, hello po sa tsikot, bago lang po ako. I'm a 1st Year College student so limited lang po knowledge ko when it comes to car terms and stuffs. Ang issue ko po is, bakit nawawala yung bass pag nasa 25+ na yung volume(LOUD) pag hindi naka loud nasa 32? Worst case pa if nakabukas ung mga ilaw at aircon halos nasa 22 lang sagad(LOUD).

And if nakakaapekto ba ang capacitor ko sa pagbaba ng voltage since ang daming nagsabi wag ko na daw lagyan ng capacitor pwede nmn rekta.

What I did:
    Yung ampli kung san nakakabit ang subwoofer binabaan ko po yung mga settings, binaba ko ng husto yung bass boost then medyo naging okay naman pwede ko pa itaas ung volume.

Trunk:
    12" Infinity Subwoofer(Hindi ko po alam ang specs)
    1 JBL Ampli(Hindi ko po alam ang specs)
    1 JBL Mono Amp(Hindi ko po alam ang specs)
    1.2 Farad Capacitor
    2 tweeters
    2 raw

Sidings:
    4 na raw
    2 na bullet tweeter

Rear:
    2 raw

Big 3
    2 Month old na Motolite gold battery
    "Pero if need niyo po talaga malaman specs para matulungan ako, issearch ko po sa google kung anong specs netong gamit ko"

INFO:
    Voltage readings is 13.7-14.2V pag may mga heavy bass na bumababa ng mga 13-13.5V

Some suggest:
    Check ko grounding ko, if umiinit ang wires etc...
    (as I said, newbie lang po ako mga boss, I don't know kung saan yung ground wirings)

THANKYOU PO!!
    Last edited by Red Paul; March 19th, 2015 at 02:15 AM. Reason: add info

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Better to bring it to a car audio installer and check the ff:

1. Size of positive wire use - Is it thick or big enough to handle the load. Condition, quality.
    2. Setting of the gain of the subwoofer amp. Tama ba ang setting.
    3. If your capacitor can still hold a charge, if not then added stress/load lang iyan sa alternator.
    4. Installation of your amplifiers - Does it have ventilation, baka kailangan lagyan nang fan or baka naman naka dikit yun mga amp. The heat of the other amplifier contributes to the heat built-up of the other amp.

Hoepfully mali lang ang pag set nang gain sa amp. Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Size of positive wire use - Is it thick or big enough to handle the load. Condition, quality.
    3. If your capacitor can still hold a charge, if not then added stress/load lang iyan sa alternator.
    4. Installation of your amplifiers - Does it have ventilation, baka kailangan lagyan nang fan or baka naman naka dikit yun mga amp. The heat of the other amplifier contributes to the heat built-up of the other amp.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    kung saka standby lang kayo wala nag takbo makina mo ganito ba parin or when the engine is running lang.

the voltages you see are not as critical automobile voltages range typically from 12.6 - 14.4v 12.6 being at idle and no engine running and at 14.4v when the engine is charging. if your battery is at peak performance and magandang ang condisyon you should see 13.4-13.8v there.

To me this sound like your overheating your amps and your going into thermal protection. Please check if your amp is overly hot to touch at this point.

Also did you properly set up the gain settings or is it just set at maximum.

kung saka standby lang kayo wala nag takbo makina mo ganito ba parin or when the engine is running lang.

the voltages you see are not as critical automobile voltages range typically from 12.6 - 14.4v 12.6 being at idle and no engine running and at 14.4v when the engine is charging. if your battery is at peak performance and magandang ang condisyon you should see 13.4-13.8v there.

To me this sound like your overheating your amps and your going into thermal protection. Please check if your amp is overly hot to touch at this point.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post

Sir thankyou very much! Try ko po dalin sa ibang audio shop.

P.S: Not overheating po, kasi kahit bagong sindi lang po same issue po talaga, feeling ko talaga kapos kuryente.
    - Mejo frustrated since pinagawa ko pa to sa isang sikat na shop sa banawe na nag wwoodworks. Anyways appreciated po boss!

Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post

Sir thankyou very much! Try ko po dalin sa ibang audio shop.

P.S: Not overheating po, kasi kahit bagong sindi lang po same issue po talaga, feeling ko talaga kapos kuryente.
    - Mejo frustrated since pinagawa ko pa to sa isang sikat na shop sa banawe na nag wwoodworks. Anyways appreciated po boss!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by funprise View Post

Pinakeelaman ko po ang gains dahil sa issue, halos binaba ko na po lahat nag increase nmn ang volume ng konte. Idle po is nasa 12.4V and yes while running 13.4-13.8V. Amp is not getting hot at all po.

Quote Originally Posted by funprise View Post

Pinakeelaman ko po ang gains dahil sa issue, halos binaba ko na po lahat nag increase nmn ang volume ng konte. Idle po is nasa 12.4V and yes while running 13.4-13.8V. Amp is not getting hot at all po.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Feeling ko kailangan ng level match/tuning niyan. Ohm matching. Polarity check. Tangalin mo na rin loudness. Di mo kailangan yan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by acgq View Post
    Feeling ko kailangan ng level match/tuning niyan. Ohm matching. Polarity check. Tangalin mo na rin loudness. Di mo kailangan yan.
    sir no loudness = 35 max volume is it normal?
    kaya ko lng po nilloud para bayo yung bass

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Okay, I'll take a few minutes off by replying to this thread.

Truth is I'm missing a few important data. One of the biggest questions floating in my head is how did you manage to connect 12 speaker drivers off a single mutli-channel JBL amplifier. Then again, the question is simply out of concern. If the raws are doing fine and only the subwoofer is the culprit, then you're good on that chain.

For the problem,

Generally, you're lacking in power.

What the loudness function simply does is that it adds a few dB boosts in a certain frequency range. It's the same with bass boost which boosts the frequencies of <200hz. Since bass is power-hungry, turning these settings off means you have less bass and less power consumption. Similarly, since your aircon and other electrical stuff sucks up power, you can technically play louder if these are "off" rather than on because you have more power on-tap. Imagine having a single electrical outlet for a fridge versus a single outlet with an extension powering up the fridge, the TV, and other stuff.

More specifically, it's more complicated than that.

If I were you, first thing I will do is isolate the problem. By bass, do you mean your subwoofer only? Or even the mid raws of the other JBL amplifier? If it's only the subwoofer which I am assuming that makes things easier.

Which is why you should..

Check your wirings.
    There's something funky going on between the alternator-fuse-amplifier-capacitor-subwoofer route. Want less headache? Sell off the capacitor so you have fewer potential problem points in the chain.

Also, recalibrate your voltage meter. If that's the 12V kind that you plug, it's probably inaccurate. If it's cheap, it's more likely to be inaccurate. If it's something you slot between the wires, recalibrate it via knowing the "true" voltage by checking on the amplifier terminals iself and then calibrating. Hell, my last Stinger voltmeter was inaccurate by roughly .5Vs.

Q: Why does your subwoofer suddenly stop playing past a certain volume?
    A: Because your JBL mono amplifier is going into protect mode.

Q: But the mono amplifier isn't hot at all..
    A: It doesn't need to be hot. Isa lang naman reason why an amplifier will go to protect, this is because you're sucking too much power or you're clipping (probably both).

Q: Why didn't your fuse blow?
    A: Might be a defective fuse but the most likely culprit is that your amplifier can still "handle" the spike in power but opts to protect the speakers by going into protect.

Q: But my voltmeter says I never dipped below 13V
    A: Voltage and Amplifier protection are two completely separate things. For one, your voltmeter doesn't update itself every millisecond does it?

Happy playing~
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 12th, 2015 at 08:24 PM.