New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My car stereo set-up is simple: Kung ano ang kasama nung sasakyan nung binili ko

May am/fm radio and cassette player at 4 na speaker.

Just last week, biglang nagsimulang umingay ang stereo - crackling noise on all speakers. Palala ng palala.

Pag tape ang pinakinggang ko, walang crackling noise pero may ugong and nawawala mayat-maya ang sound ng music.

Pag naka off ang makina, walang crackling noise ang magandang-maganda ang sound ng stereo pero once the engine is started, naku, super ingay na.

The mechanic told me, static daw yun.

Paana ko matatanggal yung static?

Thanks for any advice. Nakakabingi sa loob ng sasakyan pag walang stero eh

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fellow tsikoteers, I think we have a thread na 'ata for this.

Pero to answer your question, a previous vehicle of mine had the same problem. What I did was to install a 15w noise suppressor between my head unit and the power source. It eliminated the hum and the crackle. This was not the most elegant and audiophile solution but it solved my problem. If I remember correctly, that noise suppressor/noise gate cost me about P 150-175. You can get in Banawe or Raon.

Hope this helps.

Check your speaker wirings and ground cables there might be either an exposed wire or loose connections, and have your alternator checked if it provides suffient charge. Do you hear a whinning sound only when you depress the accelerator? or Is it there all the time? How old is your car?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

The vehicle is 7 years old. The noise is there all the time when the engine is on whether or not I step on the accelerator.

I'll have the cables checked ASAP then the alternator. If this does not work, I'll get that noise suppressor

Maraming salamat!

Also check battery connections and grounds in the engine bay baka corroded na. You also might want to consider installing a grounding kit. Try searching it here. dami ng threads dito niyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hirap nga mag-isolate ng ganyang problem. lalo na kung kumpleto ka na sa gamit. iisa-isahin mo talaga.
    stock stereo ba yan? bakit naman nagkastatic? kadalasan ng alam kong system na may static, e naka ampli.
    kadalasan v12 ang ang may gawa.
    or alternator talaga.
    minsan nasa ground din.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    as your car gets older your wirings deteriorate... so ang power handling capabilities nito ay humihina, tapos pag stock pa connections mo, the radio is sharing its power(+) with other electrical components... happened to my 97 lancer... biglang nag ka static sa radyo... bought a noise supressor sa raon (daichi ata yun) nothing happened... so what i did was insert a relay to the red wire which is attached to the ignition... ayun solved agad... till now walang static... sometime the noise supressor works, minsan hindi... buti na lang kilala ko may ari nung store napalitan ko na lang ibang item yung noise supressor

Car stereo Static