New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd like to upgrade the speakers of my Civic FD 2.0 while retaining the stock head unit. Would doing so immensely improve the sound quality even without an amplifier? What brand of separates are great sounding even without amplifier? kindly recommend... ayaw ko kasing ma-void ang warranty ng car ko kaya ayaw ko muna maglagay ng amplifier.. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi sir, yan din ang gusto ko eh palit ng speaker pero isip din baka ma voic naman warranty alam mo naman ang casa nakakainis.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Best brand seperates Morel, Hertz, Focal ,Infinity ,Boston acoustic . Theres a difference in sound but its best to have a seperate amplifier to power the seperates to produce a Loud and clear sound.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Best brand seperates Morel, Hertz, Focal ,Infinity ,Boston acoustic . Theres a difference in sound but its best to have a seperate amplifier to power the seperates to produce a Loud and clear sound.
    thank you sir!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by omegan View Post
    I'd like to upgrade the speakers of my Civic FD 2.0 while retaining the stock head unit. Would doing so immensely improve the sound quality even without an amplifier? What brand of separates are great sounding even without amplifier? kindly recommend... ayaw ko kasing ma-void ang warranty ng car ko kaya ayaw ko muna maglagay ng amplifier.. thanks!
    The 6.5 will sound better. Choice the speakers w/ higher sensitivity(ex: 88/ 89/ 90/ 91/ 92 dB and so on. The higher the sensitivity the louder they play and much better for your stocks.

You can also upgrade your sound system into dB w/o changing the head unit. Youll just need a factory expasion system. With this you can add up to two DVD, iPod, satellite radio, three amplifier and more the best thing w/ this expasion system you can incorporate your factory stereo tuner, CD player and volume control.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    The 6.5 will sound better. Choice the speakers w/ higher sensitivity(ex: 88/ 89/ 90/ 91/ 92 dB and so on. The higher the sensitivity the louder they play and much better for your stocks.

You can also upgrade your sound system into dB w/o changing the head unit. Youll just need a factory expasion system. With this you can add up to two DVD, iPod, satellite radio, three amplifier and more the best thing w/ this expasion system you can incorporate your factory stereo tuner, CD player and volume control.
    Sir, what do you mean by "6.5". is this the speaker size? what particular brand of speakers do you recommend? thank you for the reply!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6.5" refers to the size of your door speakers.

Have your doors deadened as well for better midbass since the FD's doors are pretty hollow.
    Last edited by ssaloon; October 26th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hi sirs,

i dont have a FD but i do have a new car. will changing the front speakers void our warranty? sabi sa CASA basta walang splice sa original wirings ok lang.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    can you please recommend a particular brand and model? preferably mid or high-end... i really know next to nothing about speaker specs. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try mo muna mag audition sa mga nag install ng car sound system para marinig mo ng actual at kung anong hanap mo sa speaker para may idea ka. may mga naka set up naman sila.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Upgrading speakers of Civic FD