New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mga sir at ma'am pahingi naman po ng mga suggestions nyo kung ano ok na tv antenna na gamit sa mga auto. may parating po kasi ako galing abroad kaya lang wala daw po antenna.

posting pics, brand, model, price, and kung sa mabibili mas makakatulong po. salamat.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    baka medyo confused po kayo sa tanong. hanap po ako ok na external antenna, yung nilalagay sa labas ng auto, para sa lcd tv na pang-auto. wala daw kasi antenna yung parating ko. salamat uli.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    forget the antenna.... useless ang mga tuner at antenna for an in dash lcd. i even bought an antenna with a booster pero walang masagap halos. may masagap man hindi worth ng price. if you want, get the sticker type na lang para hindi magmukhang salagubang yun sasakyan

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    purchase kahit anong antennae pero dapat with BOOSTER and DIVERSITY.
    Don't go for the internal antennae type na kinakabit nila sa windshield mo. Nakaharang na nga yung windshield kaya ang hirap kumuha ng signal.

Also, even with those attached it's still a 50/50 chance of getting a good signal. It'll all depend on where you're location is at the moment. Gaya saken, when I'm here at commonwealth ave ang lakas ng reception sa lahat ng channels super linaw pero when I'm in Makati, of course, hirap na daming blind sight at di makakuha ng signal.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *SaberRider - purchase kahit anong antennae pero dapat with BOOSTER and DIVERSITY.

so what brand do you suggest and where to get it and how much?

cheers,
    don

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I spend almost P4,000 for those car antennas, they are all bad, even with booster. No signal in pampanga and the reception always disrupts when in NCR area. My wife always tease me about it, i bought a car lcd tv, but no signal so its useless she cant watch her soaps while on travel.

As long as the signal is not yet digital like in the U.S. it will be like this.

But i have found the solution to my problem when i met my friend back in the province which he also has an onboard tv but has a better reception, he says the solution is to use those push to talk radio antennas that is popular in the early 90's, the one standard removable one. The longer it is the better. I bought mine at SM North Concorde for P1,300 its about .98m tall, you can see them in a lot of FX roaming Edsa, some even use longer ones, get the flat black color like the FX uses so it will be invisible, the crome color will make your car look like a sarao jeepney.

Now the reception in NCR is clear and less disruption, and there is a clear reception in pampanga area, though there might still be disruption in the signal in some places, but its a lot lot lot better now.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kanamu View Post
    I spend almost P4,000 for those car antennas, they are all bad, even with booster. No signal in pampanga and the reception always disrupts when in NCR area. My wife always tease me about it, i bought a car lcd tv, but no signal so its useless she cant watch her soaps while on travel.

As long as the signal is not yet digital like in the U.S. it will be like this.

But i have found the solution to my problem when i met my friend back in the province which he also has an onboard tv but has a better reception, he says the solution is to use those push to talk radio antennas that is popular in the early 90's, the one standard removable one. The longer it is the better. I bought mine at SM North Concorde for P1,300 its about .98m tall, you can see them in a lot of FX roaming Edsa, some even use longer ones, get the flat black color like the FX uses so it will be invisible, the crome color will make your car look like a sarao jeepney.

Now the reception in NCR is clear and less disruption, and there is a clear reception in pampanga area, though there might still be disruption in the signal in some places, but its a lot lot lot better now.

great suggestion sir.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    what i did with mine was replaced the wire with a round cable wire for cable tv.. and i just boughtt a cheap external antenna.. i own a starex. and the antenna is located infront of the roof rack..

i ran the cable to the back of the starex, and then throught the wiper wiring harness and down to the floor under the floor mats and ran it all the way to the front under the dash, up the side door pillars and up to the monitor which is attached just above the rear view mirror,

works quite fine.. better than my frends antenna that has a bosster.. cguro the sheilded cable and the lenght acts as an antenna? dont really know.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is the type of plug at the end of the antenna? The end that plugs into the LCD monitor/tuner? Pics would help.

I'm interested in doing that antenna mod. A magnet mount on the center of the roof might do the trick (and look somewhat cool at the same time).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I noticed having a van or auv will give you the advantage of height for a clearer reception, so it does not need the long antenna unlike for cars.

The one i bought is a mall price so its a little expensive, but if bought on other stores, probably just cost P800. But the good thing is its cable is already thick and is shielded similar to a cable tv wires, i think that is the standard for push to talk radio antenna, they always use that kind of wiring, unlike the rejected car antennas i first bought the wirings is as thin as an baby audio plug. The tip is for car audio antenna plugs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
in-car lcd tv antenna... ano po ok?