New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys now i'm starting to get really curious about car audio systems...

for starters, i have a bunch of questions about amplifiers. pero isa-isahin ko lang po para mas maintindihan ko (pati ng ibang newbies) mabuti... please, i need enlightenment.

anyway... simulan ko na po...

do amplifiers generate more heat pag mas nilalakasan ang volume ng music, lalo kung ma-bass yung track?

[sIze=1]takot pa kasi ako kaya di ko masyado nilalakasan volume...[/sIze]

san pinaka-safe ilagay ang amplifier? sa trunk ba talaga dapat?

[SIZE="1"]sa ngayon po kasi, mine is situated under the driver's seat para kahit pano naaabot parin ng aircon o kaya pag off aircon at bukas windows, may ventilation parin. tama po ba naging decision ko?[/SIZE]

yan po muna guys. need some answers/advice po.
    thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the whole body of the amplifier is a heat sink with fins... so as long as hindi nabablock ang fins nito... it should work well.

yes, the higher the volume, the higher the heat... pero you won't feel it direct dahil sa heat sink.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    X2 pag di uminit ang amp "sira na"

place your amp on a well ventilated place en di mababasa!!!
    you can place a fan if you want too.well under the seat is safe,kung di masisipa ng passenger sa likod! especially the connections!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    pero pinakasafest place kung san magandang imount ang Amp?? here is the situatuation, its kinda raining, medyo bumpy ung ride, pero naka sounds ka pa rin na boom boom, xempre magiinit ung Amp, is it really safe to place it under the Drivers seat? pero parang gus2 ko is under the Glove Compartment kaso problem naman is kung panu kung magpapalinis ka ng Aircon, kalas na naman un, Or, sa dashboard mo sa likod (dun sa pinaglalagyan ng mga 6x9's mo, sa gitna nun, pwede kaya dun? hindi naman kaya maiinitan un, pag naarawan??? pero lagay na rin natin ung scenario na naka Dark Tint ka, Super Black or Chrome black magic tint....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mine is placed behind the rear seat (dulo ng trunk).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've had amp mounted in the trunk and in under the seat. Both are perfectly fine. Both have advantages.

I prefer amps under the passenger seat. Reason, shorter wire runs. In other words, less expensive. And the AC keeps the amps cooler. Just make sure its securly mounted, it wont move around. If you will mount it under the seat, make sure water does not enter your car when crossing floods. And as previously mentioned, it wont get steeped on or kicked by passengers.

For trunk mount, you have more room to work with. You can show it off. You can have a bigger amp. Of course, longer power, speaker and rca cables.

Just go with what you want.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ah,

but what if you have 1 box (with a subwoofer) and just mount it Over/On the Box, what i mean is, on top of the box?? is this good with a ported mount Box? even in the scenario that it is a very very hot and sunny day? and with you boom boom audio running on medium-high volume?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i had my amp mounted on the box before. what made me mount it behind the rear seat was when i got a flat tire. kelangan ko muna baklasin yung amp dun sa box para makuha ko yung spare tire. hassle kung dun naka mount sa box IMO. i dont think ok sa ilalim ng front seats ang amp dahil mas exposed siya kesa kung nasa trunk. accident prone ika nga. pwede matapunan ng tubig, masipa etc... but each one has their own preference.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Should be ok. just dont cover the port.

I once had a stealth car audio setup. Amps were under the carpet beside the spare tire. The amps heatsinks got really hot. I did have 2 computer fans blowing air over the amps heatsink. Amps never shutdown. Even during long summer drives. 2 to 3 hours travel time.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    so dapat pala no eating na talaga inside the car para di madisgrasya amp ko. :D

anyway, guys, regarding overheating, usually po nababasa ko sa boards is nagshushutdown ang amp... well... when amps overheat then shut down, does that mean sira na yung amp?

sir userfriendly: how did you attach computer fans sa amp?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Car Audio Amplifier Questions