New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    I just bought a honda city 1.3s (2008) and i'm wondering if i can play my ipod using the stock radio? i believe the radio is a jvc something and has a usb port. I tried plugging my ipod in but nothing happens. My ipod screen shows the samething as when plugged in a computer.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Some JVC stereo has USB inputs. If you have an MP3 w/ USB connection this is your best shot plus you get a high quality audio connection and you're also able to operate the USB with the stereo's control. USB inputs are usually not directly compatible with iPods, you'll need an optional interface.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you can also try FM transmitters and tape adaptors but the quality is not very good.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I would really like to utilize the USB port on the stereo. Does anyone know where I can buy the thingy to connect my IPOD to the USB on my stereo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki_mzf View Post
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I would really like to utilize the USB port on the stereo. Does anyone know where I can buy the thingy to connect my IPOD to the USB on my stereo?
    your first option is to get a 2 GB Flash Disk, fill it out with MP3s and play it there directly.

your second option is to get a USB cord for your IPOD. i have one, and i bought it at Apple Store (Greenbelt). It connects the port of the IPOD to the USB.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    your first option is to get a 2 GB Flash Disk, fill it out with MP3s and play it there directly.

your second option is to get a USB cord for your IPOD. i have one, and i bought it at Apple Store (Greenbelt). It connects the port of the IPOD to the USB.

Thanks. I'll try looking at an apple store.

I bought an FM transmitter in Metrowalk but I think nasira nya ata yun sa cigarette thingy 'cause the socket does not work anymore even for the lighter.... A 2GB flash disk naman is not that convenient since I already have an Ipod.

Thanks again.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    nikki
    if your bummin about the flash card, best bet is what Happy_g said, there are lot's o' store that is already sellin' the usb to ipod port cable...be it here in South or Makati area...mostly, comp. shops are the best source

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hellfire2428 View Post
    nikki
    if your bummin about the flash card, best bet is what Happy_g said, there are lot's o' store that is already sellin' the usb to ipod port cable...be it here in South or Makati area...mostly, comp. shops are the best source
    Thanks thanks.. Will look into it..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks thanks.. Will look into it..
    no problem

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...I bought an FM transmitter in Metrowalk but I think nasira nya ata yun sa cigarette thingy 'cause the socket does not work anymore even for the lighter....
    have you checked the fuse ng lighter socket?... baka na bust lang.

Can I play my IPOD on the radio of a Honda City 1.3s?