New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Good day mga Ser. I fried my 5" mid range (component set) and am not about to buy a new set for a single broken speaker. So I bought 6" dual cone speakers (Pioneer) to replace both mid range speakers. Any thoughts, if I made a BIG mistake? Impedance of the old and new are both 4 0hms. RMS rates are close enough. New speakers are 6".

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, I'm not sure how you managed to fry your 5 1/2" midbass (if that's a component set, that's midbass and tweeter) but your car (90%+ of cars) should be able to accomodate the 6 1/2 inch Pioneer midbass.

As a general classification guide:
    Most midbass is around 5-7 inches
    Midrange is normally 3-4 inches
    Tweets are normally 1 inch
    Subwoofers are normally 8-18 inches

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Well, I'm not sure how you managed to fry your 5 1/2" midbass (if that's a component set, that's midbass and tweeter) but your car (90%+ of cars) should be able to accomodate the 6 1/2 inch Pioneer midbass.

As a general classification guide:
    Most midbass is around 5-7 inches
    Midrange is normally 3-4 inches
    Tweets are normally 1 inch
    Subwoofers are normally 8-18 inches
    Thanks sa info ser. One channel of my eq got busted, I probably didn't notice it that much until now. That might have affected my midrange.I guess I've been listening with distortion in one of the channels (right ch) for quite some time already and didn't notice it. Hope the "Pioneers" would match with the passive x-over since dual cones have the tendency of sounding "bright".

Busted Mid range