New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Branded or non-branded amps???

ano ang difference? aside from the "pogi points", significant ba yun difference? does it make sense to use the branded amps over non-branded amps?

Lets say, you are to take a blind test (ala Beer na Beer challenge)? ... Please share your thoughts!...

After reading most of the threads RE car audio setup, nakaka-enganyo eh...parang gusto ko mag-setup, pero I need to know how to go about it....I know, budget ang first consideration, pero I want to make sure I spend my hard-earned money wisely, since di ko naman bibilhin sabay-sabay...unti-unti lang, pa-isa-isa every payday...

Lovingly yours, maestro...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung mga unbranded amps kasi minsan overstated ang power ratings kaya pag kinabit sa seps or subs, bitin parin... pero if you're satisfied with what you here, the issue of going branded or not is not a big one. follow what your ears say IMO

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quality/ Consistency
    Re-sale value

Going for unbranded items like the Alpine (MRV 704) is a bang for the hard earned buck but users have different feedback and learned to tell differences from the same model. Like gen1 has more accurate crossover settings etc, etc...

At the rate the prices of unbranded AMPS go down it's going to be worth nothing second hand.

Meaning if your the type who upgrades after sometime branded is the way to go.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by maestro
    Branded or non-branded amps???

ano ang difference? aside from the "pogi points", significant ba yun difference? does it make sense to use the branded amps over non-branded amps?

Lets say, you are to take a blind test (ala Beer na Beer challenge)? ... Please share your thoughts!...

After reading most of the threads RE car audio setup, nakaka-enganyo eh...parang gusto ko mag-setup, pero I need to know how to go about it....I know, budget ang first consideration, pero I want to make sure I spend my hard-earned money wisely, since di ko naman bibilhin sabay-sabay...unti-unti lang, pa-isa-isa every payday...

Lovingly yours, maestro...
    kung talagang you wanna use your money wisely.. magstart ka muna sa mga simple setup... then.. dyan magsisimula ang upgrades..hehe..

un tipong v12 for the amp.. bang forthe buck un!
    tapos targa seps o jbl muna...

tapos sub.. either pg o targa.. kung may dough ka un ex na kicker..

pero pagsatisfied kna edi ayus. wala na gastos..hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok na sakin ang mga 'off-brand' amps. May mga ok naman like Fenton. Tapos Targa speakers.

Gamit ko ngayon ay Alpine V12 na Taiwan because maganda ang presyong binigay ni Kcboy (he upgraded to Fentons).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala naman sa brand yun talaga....sabi nga nila " its in the ears of the beholder" :D

Branded or non-branded amps