New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can also try mickey's autosound, 647-2298.

ok ang Boston Acoustics. but of course, one brand/model being ok depends on the listener, the car, and the setup itself. also, having a single brand setup doesn't necessarily guarantee a sweet sounding setup. and having different brands in a setup doesn't also mean pangit yung setup. best option is to audition as many different setups so you can decide what sound you really like.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by BOSERO
    Beefy,

Thanks! Since I am no systems expert, in fact I don't know a thing about this except that there are tweeters, midrange, and subs, what sort of set up will you recommend?

I just want very clear music with medium full bass even when I turn the volume down.

Would you know where I can have this done? Would you have any idea how much this would cost?

Thanks again for your help.
    It depends on your budget... If you plan to get boston, get the Pro Series 6.5 for your front speakers, any really series for your rear and Pro series 12.5 subs. Estimate - Proseries 6.5 = 18-20k, Rally = 6-9k and Pro series 12.5 = 12k.

U can use stock speakrs as your rear.

Boston speakers are good. I've been loyal to the brand for 7 years.

Sound quality is very subjective. What may sound good for me, may not sound good to others. Honestly, I think you can get better speakers for the same amount.

Perfect Circle(banawe) is the distributor of Boston Acoustics

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bostons are great.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for all the info. Really appreciate it.

One more question: Auditioning... how does one go about this? Do I go to a shop and ask them to install different systems in my car and I will just choose which I like?

thanks again in afvance for your help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    log-on ka sa www.kotseaudioclub.com, tapos sama ka sa mga EB nila. daming mga malulupit na setup jan, ranging from entry level to high end. parang smorgasboard sa audio setup and components. tapos pag may natipuan ka, tandaan mo setup nya (brand, model line of speakers, amps, subs, etc) tapos i-pattern mo don yung setup mo.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ang ganda ng bostons, lalo na pro series. they can handle as much power as you can give em. more than any other speakers out there.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa saturday may eb ang kotseaudioclub..why don't u check it out

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bro mgakano kaya aabutin bouston acoustics pag 1 set of seperates with tweeter at 2 pcs na 12" subs?saan ba malapit ung perfect circle sa banawe,malapit b un sa orthepedic or sa other side ng banawe yun?tnx hope guys you will help me kasi am planning to have my audio set up na eh.tnx

peace!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    maganda pa sa boston is you can mount the tweeter ontop of the woofer. no more drilling holes or using tape to mount the tweeter. may tweeter level adjustment and tweeter position adjustment din.

i think, correct me if im wrong 12.5LF is 11-12k, RC620 11-12K, Pro6.5 is 16-18k

10. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Originally posted by BOSERO
    A friend told me that Boston Acoustics are very good speakers and adviced me to go straight Boston Acoustics from Tweeters to Subs. Is my friend right?

Is going the straight brand for all speakers advisable? If yes, what brand would be the best?

Thanks for the help.
    If you're interested

Boston Acoustics Pro 10.4
    Box set (2)
    Alpine amps (2)
    P10k

I had a full ba set on my car before and i was happy with its performance. Buyer didnt need the subs so i just took it off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Boston Acoustics Any Good???