New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    A friend told me that Boston Acoustics are very good speakers and adviced me to go straight Boston Acoustics from Tweeters to Subs. Is my friend right?

Is going the straight brand for all speakers advisable? If yes, what brand would be the best?

Thanks for the help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    myth lang yan na mas maganda ang straight 1 brand ang setup.

your best bet would be to audition the components for your setup. different strokes for different folks, what sounds good to one, may not be good to another

the brands you will opt to purchase will also greatly depend on your budget, which i believe is the biggest hindrance of accomplishing one's desired setup.

just my 2 cents :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    SSaloon,

Thanks for your insight. Just to narrow down my hunt for the "ideal" sytem for me... Can you advise me on which brands to avoid and which ones to seek out.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You will not go wrong by going straight boston..make sure everything you get is from the Pro series line

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Beefy,

Thanks! Since I am no systems expert, in fact I don't know a thing about this except that there are tweeters, midrange, and subs, what sort of set up will you recommend?

I just want very clear music with medium full bass even when I turn the volume down.

Would you know where I can have this done? Would you have any idea how much this would cost?

Thanks again for your help.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BOSERO ive heard the BOSTONS tweeters and the COMPETITION seps , it will cost u an arm n a leg pero if ur serious , go for it . Di ko alam ang subs , recommend ko ay Kicker L7's or JL Audio's for subs and XTANT and JL Audio for amps . Bang for the buck kasi sila for the price they cost , so much features na wala sa iba na mas mahal and tested na ito sa competitions so that means , its ok to abuse these babies . ito ay for SPL application pala .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With a hint of Sound Quality to spice up the systems capabilities ... hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    audition, let your ears show the way!!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    DSM619, kimpOy,

Thanks for the advices. Which shop and where is the shop that can 'Show my ears the Way'?

By the way, what does SPL applications mean?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SPL - sound pressure level (boom, boom)
    SQ - sound quality (clarity)

try mo tumingin sa intense sa banawe, or contact the shop through 7316479

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Boston Acoustics Any Good???