New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Uhh, seriously, in terms of quality, etc. Walang pinagbago. We just have people's preference on JBL for subwoofers and amplifiers while we prefer Pioneer HUs (wala naman JBL na HU eh)

Speakers, toss up between the two, but I like the JBL better since public perception is that JBL is more expensive than Pioneer (yabang points :D)

Pioneer speakers isn't bad actually. They're improving a lot lately and if you check US speaker sites, not bad din reviews nila. But still, still on the JBL.

---

Firland is.. dunno kung san sila nagoriginate. According to info, their amplifiers are Korean made and Taiwan made yun mga components nila.

On the otherhand, Powerbass is from the USA. They're pretty proven there.

Does this mean Powerbass is better than Firland? No. I actually like Firland's speakers better then PB. For amps, I like PB better. Don't pay attention to location: Its only use is for bragging rights to fool people who don't know any better.

Just because it's Europe-made doesn't mean it's good. DLS sources its amplifiers from Southeast Asia. Mosconi (Italy) has amplifiers with guts from Korea. Dominations are made from Indonesia, etc.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Uhh, seriously, in terms of quality, etc. Walang pinagbago. We just have people's preference on JBL for subwoofers and amplifiers while we prefer Pioneer HUs (wala naman JBL na HU eh)

Speakers, toss up between the two, but I like the JBL better since public perception is that JBL is more expensive than Pioneer (yabang points :D)

Pioneer speakers isn't bad actually. They're improving a lot lately and if you check US speaker sites, not bad din reviews nila. But still, still on the JBL.

---

Firland is.. dunno kung san sila nagoriginate. According to info, their amplifiers are Korean made and Taiwan made yun mga components nila.

On the otherhand, Powerbass is from the USA. They're pretty proven there.

Does this mean Powerbass is better than Firland? No. I actually like Firland's speakers better then PB. For amps, I like PB better. Don't pay attention to location: Its only use is for bragging rights to fool people who don't know any better.

Just because it's Europe-made doesn't mean it's good. DLS sources its amplifiers from Southeast Asia. Mosconi (Italy) has amplifiers with guts from Korea. Dominations are made from Indonesia, etc.
    Oww... Your knowlegde in car audio is unbeatable sir!!!! how about v12 amps?? is it better than original amps sir????

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    V12 you mean the imitation Alpine amps from China, right? Lots of users. It works. However, just be aware that you get what you pay for.

I had one back in 2000 or 2001. It was not worth it for me. Constantly gave me problems. But of course your needs might be different from mine. If you just want a basic system it will do. If you are after more or plan to upgrade in the future, go with PB for your amp. Their ASA600.4 is a very good amp, 100x4 into 4 ohms and I think double taht in 2 ohms. I think it retails around 9 to 10K. JBL is also good. Actually there are tons of good amps. It really depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Did not know this. Thanks for the info. Learned something new. Are all DLS amps from South East Asia? What country? I'm curious as I have a A7 and did not check where it was built.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    *sir evakoko

kung V12 amplifier ang choice mo mag V12-f710 ka nalang matibay na v12 china amp yan at may PWM (Pulse-width modulation) siya....
    maganda yan kung gagamitin mong subwoofer amplifier kung mag du-dual subwoofer ka na 12" ,,,,
    dahil malakas din ang bridge power output niya...

Quote Originally Posted by evakoko View Post
    sir can you define the difference between jbl and pioneer????

Sir Albert, one of the most fan of car audio is using the C608GTI MKII component system of JBL, for spl purposes, and the TS-D1720C component system of pioneer, for sq purpose, both are in high end level and for competition. The first component system, as he said, is good for open doors, and the second one is good for close door, JBL is too loud, pioneer is cool to ears, he said, JBL like to rocks and shouting voices, but the pioneer is made for the jazz and classical music, also, he said, the tweeter as for the jbl, creating flat responses quickly while the pioneer is creating very tiny twits in my ears, its mids is also different, JBL was so strong while the pioneer is very kind to me. He both uses spl and sq, defends on his mood, they are both good components for different categories.
    Sir, audio system requires you to choose first what kind of listeners you are, if you like both sq and spl, i don't know what was the best for you, maybe you want these 2 components and make an easy switch to follow your mood like sir albert..
    Last edited by tsikotshop; April 14th, 2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: ps

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Did not know this. Thanks for the info. Learned something new. Are all DLS amps from South East Asia? What country? I'm curious as I have a A7 and did not check where it was built.
    Alam ko all of their amps are being made in Southeast Asia. But not sure ako kung saan... I think it's Taiwan :P

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    sir... malalaman mo kung original ang DLS mo kung made in sweden...

ganito internal ng A7 mo pare

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven rio's View Post
    *sir evakoko

kung V12 amplifier ang choice mo mag V12-f710 ka nalang matibay na v12 china amp yan at may PWM (Pulse-width modulation) siya....
    maganda yan kung gagamitin mong subwoofer amplifier kung mag du-dual subwoofer ka na 12" ,,,,
    dahil malakas din ang bridge power output niya...
    e

thanks for the info sir would this be better than jbl mono amp 300 or 350???

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    Sir Albert, one of the most fan of car audio is using the C608GTI MKII component system of JBL, for spl purposes, and the TS-D1720C component system of pioneer, for sq purpose, both are in high end level and for competition. The first component system, as he said, is good for open doors, and the second one is good for close door, JBL is too loud, pioneer is cool to ears, he said, JBL like to rocks and shouting voices, but the pioneer is made for the jazz and classical music, also, he said, the tweeter as for the jbl, creating flat responses quickly while the pioneer is creating very tiny twits in my ears, its mids is also different, JBL was so strong while the pioneer is very kind to me. He both uses spl and sq, defends on his mood, they are both good components for different categories.
    Sir, audio system requires you to choose first what kind of listeners you are, if you like both sq and spl, i don't know what was the best for you, maybe you want these 2 components and make an easy switch to follow your mood like sir albert..

ohh!!! i think im gonna use it for boom boom boom so jbl i think!!!! and i think pioneer mahirap hanapin Yun dito. parang konti lang ang nagbebenta ng pioneer amp and sub.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven rio's View Post
    sir... malalaman mo kung original ang DLS mo kung made in sweden...

ganito internal ng A7 mo pare

anu po ito??? maganda po ba itong amp????

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast