New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm planning to replace my speakers but retain the Head Unit and original wiring on my Montero. I don't want any rewiring changes, just the speaker replacement.

What's the best hi-fi quality replacement speaker that can work with Stock JVC HU?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    I'm planning to replace my speakers but retain the Head Unit and original wiring on my Montero. I don't want any rewiring changes, just the speaker replacement.

What's the best hi-fi quality replacement speaker that can work with Stock JVC HU?
    - we're in the same boat... want to improve SQ, but dont want to change HU.. olny speakers. mine is the Nissan GL..
    - paging anyone? and if ever, where to go? banawe-? where at banaue po kaya?
    thanks..happy driving

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    budget? do use the search function. it's userfriendly

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    - pwede kayang P10k lang?
    - yup, will look for the "search function" tnx po

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sa Perfect Circle sa banawe they specialize in sound setups.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    - pwede kayang P10k lang?
    - yup, will look for the "search function" tnx po
    pwede, straight Targa /or dagdag konti for JBL seps and sub powered by V12 amp.

Jeff Tan and C3 both also in Banawe. Or you can drop by at Raon Quiapo, then pa-install mo na lang. Mas matipid.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Budget is about 30K. Ayaw ko lang kasi magrewire... so, was thinking to just use existing wires and stuff.

The last time 2 times I had rewiring done on my car, nagka-problem after 3 years or so. So my issue is get the best SQ with minimal change on the vehicle.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    Budget is about 30K. Ayaw ko lang kasi magrewire... so, was thinking to just use existing wires and stuff.

The last time 2 times I had rewiring done on my car, nagka-problem after 3 years or so. So my issue is get the best SQ with minimal change on the vehicle.

Get a full range speaker's 61/2 on the front 6x9 on the rear. Choose an speaker's w/ high Sensitivity (dB)....ex 94 on the sensitivity (dB) rating rating it will play louder on your stock H.U w/o external amplifier, this is ideal for your stock.

Also make sure that the speaker's RMS power range (watts) start at 2 RMS, this is "important" if youre not using an amplifier using only the stock H.U or distortion are present if you dont follow this, you are not going to happy the result.

Example of speakers power range:

2-25 RMS power range(watts)
    2-30
    2-35
    2-40
    2-45
    2-50 and so on, will do for your stock H.U.

If the speakers RMS power range (watts)start at:

4-30 RMS power range(watts)
    4-35
    4-40
    4-45
    4-50 and so on or,
    6 and so on
    8 and so on
    10 and so on, do not use this.

Your H.U are too weak to pushed this speaker's. You'll need an amplifier to run this speaker's. Pay especially close attention to this specification to avoid common mistake's.

Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *picard/xto
    - salamat po

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *v6dreamer - Maraming salamat po. exactly the type of answer I'm looking for !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Speaker for Stock HU