New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good day tiskoteers, pa help naman sa sound setup ng honda jazz ko. 40k is my ideal budget excluding HU and deadening. but i can stretch it to 50k+ if needed. yung best system sana for my budget..

Paki fill up na lang. put description na din kung bakit yun ang nilagay niyo na brand and model. thanks

Head unit: Pioneer DVH 4350

- - - - - - - - - -

Seps (6.5"): (Focal K2p? not yet decided) you could suggest other brand and model

Amp (4 channel):

Sub (12"):

Installer/shop:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s1x_p4c View Post
    Good day tiskoteers, pa help naman sa sound setup ng honda jazz ko. 40k is my ideal budget excluding HU and deadening. but i can stretch it to 50k+ if needed. yung best system sana for my budget..

Paki fill up na lang. put description na din kung bakit yun ang nilagay niyo na brand and model. thanks

Head unit: Pioneer DVH 4350

- - - - - - - - - -

Seps (6.5"): (Focal K2p? not yet decided) you could suggest other brand and model

Amp (4 channel):

Sub (12"):

Installer/shop:

loud n clear sa seps try mo 8 inch ryan audio raw drivers and horn tweeters mga 5k lang ata for those, got my 6.5 inch raw drivers for 2800 php

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Know what you want to pursue. Is it purely SQ? Loud and Clear? or maybe a SPL mine-is-louder-than-yours?

The thing about car audio is that it's purely subjective. And the price of your gears would only give you get you so far. With price comes exclusivity, clarity, and possibly more dynamics. But that's about it. There's no best money for my budget. Hence most of us who are in this industry recommends you to simply "try things about" in other words, to audition the rides of others.

Where do you live ba? I could hook you up with other car audio enthusiasts near and you could try out their rides and with that, I could also recommend an installer near your area. Having a competent installer is by far one of the most important things when planning your system.

Also, I would recommend setting up a portion of your "budget" for other miscellaneous items that newbies underestimate -- wiring, subwoofer box, labor, woodworks. Entry-level Focal K2 Power lineup is the 165KR and that alone would cost you 25 grand . For what it's worth, I really like the Focal 30th anniversary 165V30.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *jhnkvn

Im from Fairview QC. galing ako dati sa budget meal setup on my FD, na pinagawa ko sa A.C.A way back 2009. (nagkaron ng malalim na gasgas yung rubberized dashboard ng FD, fault ng installer sa pagbalik nung dashkit ng HU. ) kaya parang gusto ko mag try naman sa iba. yung mas maayos sana gumawa.

Now sa new setup, gusto ko mag level up naman. loud and clear sana. want to focus on branded separates with good sound quality. the rest medyo budget lang para magkasya yung 40-50k.

no need po sa wood works. gusto ko yung simple lang pero quality. yung the best components na pwede bilhin within my budget. yung deadening, wiring, box etc, may alloted budget napo ako para doon. im very open to opinions and suggestions..

im planning to have it installed within the last week of of this month. kaya need ko ng inputs and ideas.

paki post na din sir kung sino pwede ma contact or shop na recommended mag install within qc sana.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I see. For loud and clear (LnC), you're mostly looking at raw drivers. Speaker brands of interest include: Beyma and Cadence while your amplifier list should be those who dish out loads of power like RE XT amplifiers, Powerbass ASA, DC Audio, and possibly the most highly reputed among them all, Sundown Audio.

Although the likes of Focal K2Ps, Hertz MLKs, etc. can also technically "go loud", they're still better suited for sound quality setups. It's a lesson learned from mouse (a tsikoteer also into car audio) who first purchased Hertz MLKs (which is especially power hungry. Need to throw them 200+W for them to shine) but later on opted to sell them for Beyma drivers. He's also into LnC.

If within QC, obviously I'd recommend Banawe for you. Recommended shops are my usual favorites (just search for them in the past threads) but I'll also recommend Dawg Audio for LnC since they specialize in those. I believe Dawg Audio has a package deal of Cadence ZRS, RE XT, RE SRX for around 40k. The thing I like about package deals is that they save you miscellaneous expenses like boxes, wiring, labor, etc. since these are all thrown in.

Also consider a proper door modification so that your raw drivers could breathe better (hence go louder). From there on, just ask your installer what he recommends and stuff. Volume difference of separates (let's say Morel Tempo 6) from raw drivers (ex, Cadence ZRS) is around twice to three times as loud ;)

Not that experienced with LnC and SPL since I'm mostly leaning towards SQ.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yes, i saw that package of dawg audio. mukhang ok nga yung setup na yun.

swak sa budget ko. and branded din naman yung mga components. thanks sa inputs sir jhnkvn. nagka idea na ko. will drop by this week pag bili ko ng mags and cf kits.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ano comment nyo mga sir? kayanin kaya ng single battery ito? lagyan na lang ng capacitor?

Cadence ZRS 6KM 6.5" - seps

RE XT1600.2 - amp for seps

RE SX12 1000w RMS 12" - sub

RE XT4000D 1500w RMS- amp for sub

lagpas na sa budget. pero may nag offer kasi ng slightly used RE amps and sub.. sariwa at common friend may ari. pinag iisipan ko agad baka kasi maunahan sayang naman kung good buy... bale yung cadence seps na lang ang bibilhin kong bnew dyan.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Seems pretty good. It really depends on the discount given by your common friend since getting it brand new would also mean warranty support from the manufacturer. On the positive side, you're assured that the subwoofer is done or half-way in its break-in period

Some points:
    1. The Cadence really seems to be the go-to-separates for LnC at that price point. So wala tayo questions dyan.
    2. If you plan on pursuing car audio further, I would suggest the RE XT800.4 for its four channel flexibility. Just in case you are going for raw drivers in the future. Then again, it (RE XT1600.2) might also be a good choice since you can always throw in another amplifier if you plan on upgrading and this can be positioned to power the midbass.

Most people I know pursuing LnC eventually go with 15-inchers. Why 15 inches? For bass, you need to move air. Increasing the cone area = more air displaced = BOOM BOOM!'

Kakayanin ba ng single battery?

What's your car pare? Most modern cars wouldn't have difficulty driving those. Remember that the primary source of power when the engine is ON is the alternator. It will only draw power from the battery on scenarios wherein the alternator needs help. As my rule of thumb, I wouldn't worry about it unless your lights are flickering during bass notes. And if it does, don't go for the product below but go for a Big Three Upgrade. In fact, I would wholly recommend a Big Three upgrade as a MUST in any car.

Lagyan na lang ng capacitor?
    A capacitor is not a battery. In fact, a car battery is several thousands more powerful than a capacitor. For those who are already enlightened enough to do research knows that a capacitor is primarily a marketing gimmick. Still, most people don't know that and it definitely looks cool being showcased beside your amplifiers. A branded capacitor would cost you 5,000php upwards. For that kind of money, I'll get myself an additional battery -- Stinger SPV20.

Marbel (distributor of RE Audio) recently unveiled the newest XTX lineup just this week. Might be worth a quick look if you're in the market for some brand-new amplifiers. As with most car audio manufacturers, these are Class D-E amplifiers so they're very efficient.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Seems pretty good. It really depends on the discount given by your common friend since getting it brand new would also mean warranty support from the manufacturer. On the positive side, you're assured that the subwoofer is done or half-way in its break-in period

Some points:
    1. The Cadence really seems to be the go-to-separates for LnC at that price point. So wala tayo questions dyan.
    2. If you plan on pursuing car audio further, I would suggest the RE XT800.4 for its four channel flexibility. Just in case you are going for raw drivers in the future. Then again, it (RE XT1600.2) might also be a good choice since you can always throw in another amplifier if you plan on upgrading and this can be positioned to power the midbass.

Most people I know pursuing LnC eventually go with 15-inchers. Why 15 inches? For bass, you need to move air. Increasing the cone area = more air displaced = BOOM BOOM!'

Kakayanin ba ng single battery?

What's your car pare? Most modern cars wouldn't have difficulty driving those. Remember that the primary source of power when the engine is ON is the alternator. It will only draw power from the battery on scenarios wherein the alternator needs help. As my rule of thumb, I wouldn't worry about it unless your lights are flickering during bass notes. And if it does, don't go for the product below but go for a Big Three Upgrade. In fact, I would wholly recommend a Big Three upgrade as a MUST in any car.

Lagyan na lang ng capacitor?
    A capacitor is not a battery. In fact, a car battery is several thousands more powerful than a capacitor. For those who are already enlightened enough to do research knows that a capacitor is primarily a marketing gimmick. Still, most people don't know that and it definitely looks cool being showcased beside your amplifiers. A branded capacitor would cost you 5,000php upwards. For that kind of money, I'll get myself an additional battery -- Stinger SPV20.

Marbel (distributor of RE Audio) recently unveiled the newest XTX lineup just this week. Might be worth a quick look if you're in the market for some brand-new amplifiers. As with most car audio manufacturers, these are Class D-E amplifiers so they're very efficient.
    seems mas ok nga yung re xt800.4 pang seps. para nga ayaw ko na kunin yung xt1600.2

jazz ge yung car ko sir.

thanks ulit sa inputs sir. hirap ng newbie. sakit sa ulo kaka isip

There so many things to consider if you want to go further above 1krms power sound system, and 50k is not enough.

First-power supply management system-
    From your alternator (80 amperes i think like sir Jedi honda city) going to battery, and distributed all over the accessories like lightnings, horn etc., electrical system distributed properly over the network without voltage dropping can easily done by battery and the alternator because the current supply is enough to the system, now, we add a huge current draw, say 1000watts to these system, its 83.33 current draw probably, if you play loud bass while still using all the available accessory, your voltage drop and system start to fail for times without any electrical upgrade that is made to the system.. These is what you ask for to the installer, first your planned system must be equip with big three, What is big three? Big three is the electrical upgrade made to maximize current flow to the system, so, the alternator and the battery work to its peak performance without power loss. Next is a capacitor, Capacitor is not just a display, it helps, low bass music is the huge collector of current for a very short period of time, the function of the capacitor is to quickly charge and discharge that helps provide the current needed to the system specially in low bass notes, well, a battery cannot do that, battery can only lengthen the playin time, yet it still drop the voltage because it is another load in the alternator, for better things happen, alternator upgrade is the best to the system..

Second- Sound deadening to the whole car,
    You want best music production, you have a loud speakers, loud subwoofer, enough power supply, but your doors rattling all around, sound deadening can off that noise, solidify what your sound speak for, noise is other than music that think you, What the hell was that??? Some shop says that, "its good, you have a loud system" but in a real world of sound and music, it's not, i know you don't like it, me too, i'm a fan of good music in real world, a fanatic of the perfect installation almost in car audio, i wish there are installer offer these things passes in american standards LOL..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best simple sound setup for 40-50k budget? (loud and clear)