New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Masters,

I'm planning of installing a reverse cam in my Toyota Revo ride. Would like to ask your opinions, comments or suggestions as where is the best location to install the reverse cam, the installer suggested two locations: 1. at the bumper and 2. at the license plate. The installer mentioned that the best location is at the bumper as the view would be more comprehensive compared to the one installed at the license plate. I'm actually very hesitant on the bumper installation as they will drill a hole in it which would leave a hole and might be a concern if i opt it to be removed, or may be prone to minimal impacts during ingress.

Hoping for your kind reco please. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMO the best location is the license plate area IF the camera is angled down. The new LTO plate rules also don't allow installation of anything on top of the plates. Besides those bolts are not removable once tightened so replacing a dead camera will be challenging.

A camera angled down will allow you to better estimate the distance between your bumper and any obstacle behind you.

My two sedans both have cameras and they're both installed in the license plate light hole. Both are angled down. When backing out of the garage I can still see about 60 degrees either side of center for incoming traffic.

Try searching online for other options.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

I'm planning of installing a reverse cam in my Toyota Revo ride. Would like to ask your opinions, comments or suggestions as where is the best location to install the reverse cam, the installer suggested two locations: 1. at the bumper and 2. at the license plate. The installer mentioned that the best location is at the bumper as the view would be more comprehensive compared to the one installed at the license plate. I'm actually very hesitant on the bumper installation as they will drill a hole in it which would leave a hole and might be a concern if i opt it to be removed, or may be prone to minimal impacts during ingress.

I would suggest a place where you'll have a view of your rear bumper so you'll have a reference point to the objects behind you from the bumper. If your license plate is above the bumper, then that would be the best location for your camera. Most oem backup cameras are place above the license plate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

I would suggest a place where you'll have a view of your rear bumper so you'll have a reference point to the objects behind you from the bumper. If your license plate is above the bumper, then that would be the best location for your camera. Most oem backup cameras are place above the license plate.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir JohnM,

That is actually my first choice, which is at the license plate area. It will hopefully be installed along the license plate lighting frame which will be independent on the bolts used at the plate. Thank you for your insights!

Sir JohnM,

That is actually my first choice, which is at the license plate area. It will hopefully be installed along the license plate lighting frame which will be independent on the bolts used at the plate. Thank you for your insights!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [QUOTE=boybi;2531923]I would suggest a place where you'll have a view of your rear bumper so you'll have a reference point to the objects behind you from the bumper. If your license plate is above the bumper, then that would be the best location for your camera. Most oem backup cameras are place above the license plate.

Sir boybi, thanks for your recommendation. I guess the best is really at the license plate area. I'll surely go for it. Thanks!

[QUOTE=boybi;2531923]I would suggest a place where you'll have a view of your rear bumper so you'll have a reference point to the objects behind you from the bumper. If your license plate is above the bumper, then that would be the best location for your camera. Most oem backup cameras are place above the license plate.

Sir boybi, thanks for your recommendation. I guess the best is really at the license plate area. I'll surely go for it. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sample:
    cam.jpg

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ganyang reverse cam ang pina-install ko recently nang pinalitan ko iyong oem hu ng fd namin.

makakapili ka naman ng reverse cam na ganyang type specifically made for your vehicle kaya halos salpak lang din siya

Last edited by baludoy; April 29th, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    The camera-plate light assembly thingy came up recently, and not all models had it. I hope there's one for the Revo.

Otherwise, it will be a generic camera to be drilled beside the plate light. That's what I had for the 2011 Escape.

The last recourse would be the bumpers.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Masters,

Just an update, the camera was installed already. Funny thing is, I wasn't able to obtain my first option which is supposed to be at the license plate. The reason behind it is that the camera was already bundled or part of the rear view monitor which I bought. So far, the results were ok, the view was clear and precise. I also bought a TV plus and paired it with the system. My kids can now enjoy viewing local channels (selected) as well as movies!

Masters,

Just an update, the camera was installed already. Funny thing is, I wasn't able to obtain my first option which is supposed to be at the license plate. The reason behind it is that the camera was already bundled or part of the rear view monitor which I bought. So far, the results were ok, the view was clear and precise. I also bought a TV plus and paired it with the system. My kids can now enjoy viewing local channels (selected) as well as movies!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    JvnJ,

Where was the camera mounted?

Did you bought the TV plus from the car shop too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast