New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Question lang for those who has ipods and are using it together with their head units. I'm thinking of upgrading my HU, preferably iPod ready HUs, hope you can help me out on this. Thanks dudes.

1. Brand and model of HU used with iPod?
    2. Can you control and charge your iPod through your HU? Do you need an interface system for this? Is it locally available?
    3. Problem/s encountered when using using iPod with HU?
    4. Quality of music from iPod when amped through the HU? (5 highest - 0 lowest).
    5. Conclusion/s (whether to use or not to use iPod together with car HU).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranth
    Question lang for those who has ipods and are using it together with their head units. I'm thinking of upgrading my HU, preferably iPod ready HUs, hope you can help me out on this. Thanks dudes.

1. Brand and model of HU used with iPod?
    2. Can you control and charge your iPod through your HU? Do you need an interface system for this? Is it locally available?
    3. Problem/s encountered when using using iPod with HU?
    4. Quality of music from iPod when amped through the HU? (5 highest - 0 lowest).
    5. Conclusion/s (whether to use or not to use iPod together with car HU).
    1. alpine cda-9835 (although, medyo rare na brand new, afaik)
    2. not sure if it charges but yes, you can control the ipod through the HU
    3. dunno, wala naman reklamo friend ko
    4. imo, quality will depend on downloaded file
    5. if you are the techie kind of guy, an ipod integrated into your car audio will definitely be a plus. i personally dont need an ipod (for personal and car audio use) but am interested in integrating one IF i have the extra moolah. . i computed the cost already and i would spend about 20k including the ipod, custom plexi ipod-holder, wirings, and the alpine "extension" console since i have a changer. . sorry forgot what it was called.

hth
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Dude, try to check out the KotseAudioClub forums for this. They can enlighten you more on this subject.

Back to the topic, you may opt to get a Pioneer HU that is iPod ready and just purchase the optional iPod adapter so that you may control your iPod from the HU as well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mga magkano ba ang ipod adapter?

5. jagxtrm Guest
    i'm also looking for an ipod adapter for my pioneer deh-8650mp unit ...

may nakita ako dati, i forgot the model ... basta kaya nya i-control yng ipod thru the head unit, at the same time kaya nya pa i-charge yng ipod. ;)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Two come to mind:

1. Clarion VRX755VD (with direct interface to iPod) - available na locally AFAIK
    2. Alpine CDA-951- early last year pa available sa Pinas AFAIK, kailangan mo ng alang nung Alpine KCA-420i adapter

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Check www.onlinecarstereo.com.

My personal preference is Pioneer, as long as it has an aux-in / CD changer port.

Pioneer comes with the CD-RB10, CD RB20, and the CD-IB100.

The RB10 and RB20 only connects your iPod thru the aux-in thru an RCA and stereo plug, however, the RB-20 can also act as a relay to connect a CD Changer. Both doesn't charge the iPod. iPod control is independent of the HU.

The CD-IB100 enables you to control your iPod thru the HU, charges it, and also acts as a relay for a CD Changer.

Alpine HUs also have the similar connectors which can also control your iPod. KCA-4201 enables you to control your iPod thru your Alpine HU.

Kenwood has the KCA IP500.

Sound quality is best when you use an aux-in, and it doesn't matter if you can control your iPod thru your HU. It depends on your bitrate.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on a related note, may bagong iPod ready HUs ang pioneer:

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...ogId=32&Page=1

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ano po ba ang cheap but decent HU na may aux in?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Pioneer DEH P4750MP between 7.2T-7.5T. Sonny's OK, Banawe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Head Unit For Apple iPod