New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hello everyone.

recently nagpa-install ako ng 2 din headunit (cheap china touch screen xbtqd na brand) with video sa sasakyan. i also have a reverse/backup camera using a small 4" screen sa dashboard which turns on whenever i put the car in reverse. since may camera input naman yung 2 din hu, i told the installer na baka pwede yung display sa headunit na lang.

my problem is, whenever i reverse at naka-off yung HU, nag-oon yung radio after some time. tapos pag alis sa reverse, mag-off na ulit siya. when i am listening to the radio, ok lang naman. pero nakakagulat siempre when you're expecting na walang tutunog since naka-off.

i have tried different settings on the HU (there are two settings regarding camera and audio, have tried to turn both to off) pero palaging ganun.

may mali kaya sa pagkaka-wire/install? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    AFAIK ganyan talaga. Automatic mag on yung radio until magstop sa ka sa pagreverse

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    That's just probably how your HU is designed. There are no standards on how an HU should behave when you put the car in reverse with the HU turned off.

For instance, my 2DIN HU has three power states. ON, STANDBY, and OFF. The reverse camera view comes up when I shift to reverse only when the HU is either set to On or Standby. When it's Off, it will not respond to the reverse signal.

The differences are;
    On - Normal state. All functions are working (whether it's playing video, audio or displaying the GPS) and sound is coming out of the speakers
    Standby - The LCD is turned on and will only show the main menu with "Standby" mode selected. There is no sound coming from the speakers
    Off - As it says. The display is dark and the touchscreen doesn't work. You have to press one of the hard buttons to turn it on

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks sa replies. so i guess it is normal.

ginawa ko na lang, i set the default volume to very low (almost off). so whenever the radio turns on (whether via the reverse camera or i manually turn it on), halos wala muna tunog until i turn up the volume.