New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi mga sirs... ask ko lang bakit ayaw gumapang bass when my car trunk is close, sakal sound, but when i open it will make a very loud n boom boom bass. im using a kicker cvr12-2ohms in a standard kicker ported enclosure driven by a 340rmsx1-4ohms amp. tia.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Paghindi mo ibaba yong backseat o talagang selyado from trunk to inside of the car mo.. mangyayari walang ibang patutunguhan ang bass mo..kaya masmalakas pakinggan pagbukas ang trunk mo..Why not try to put your enclosure on the backseat and hear the difference..hopefully you would figure out whats wrong..This is the basic solution to your problem but if you want the mathematical or Physics explaination about how sound/sine wave travels unfortunately kinalawang na utak ko...LOL.. Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    You may not hear it up close but closing the trunk will make it heard farther away. that's the real "gapang".

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Xtian, i think you're right, haven't tried it yet. my friend is having the same setup but it sounds well "gapang" in his spacewagon with all windows and doors closed. Cablespy, haven't tried listening far away, i'll try it.
    Thanks a lot.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Have you been heard about "bass trap"?

Here's some explanation, depends on the location of your sub in the trunk.

1. Box at front of trunk speakers aiming forward or up through the rear deck = poor in car bass response, much better with trunk open. This is the bass trap.

2. Box at front of trunk speakers aiming backward = better in car bass response by far, slightly better with trunk open.

3. Box at back of trunk with speakers aiming forward = better in car bass, no difference with trunk open.

Relocate your box then see what happen next.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    thanks for the info. ill try it. speak to you later.

ayaw gapang bass when trunk close