New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano dapat gamitin na wire sa audio set-up? at ano magandang brand? gauge 4,8 o 16? ano din connectors kelangan? para san ang capacitor any feedback sa mtx seps and subs polk seps and subs?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    got this from reading around bro, i think its neilsen who wrote this:

concerning wires........you may use the following.....

power supply: use gauge 10 na stranded automotive wire for your positive line, you need not spend 3k on wires.......for speaker wires......

seps: any speaker wire will do........make sure that it measures from gauge 18 to 16

subs: use gauge 12 to 10 stranded din......meron sa MG Infinity na earthquake ang brand.......around 65 pesos per meter.......

ang pinaka mahal na wire sa lahat.........

signal cable......must be double shielded.......for less noise.......around 800 to 900 pesos depending on the brand

mtx seps are very clear, very good for imaging, underrated but hey! 1 hell of a seps man. for sq set-up, its two thumbs up!

capacitor actually stores power for your amps, meaning instead of getting it from your battery, it gets it from the caps, so your ride would start when you want it to. it provides the necessary power to sustain your amps consumption. a i farad caps is pretty expensive! but the good news is, as long as your rms power rating does not reach 1000, you still dont need caps.

subs? no idea with polk seps and subs, but i saw a thunderpro brand new * bidshot its double voice coil * 4ohm * ten thou, pair na yun, now that's a hell of a sub man!:mrgreen: i think its seller is sru [a kotse regular], contact him * 09185039015

well, read around bro, i learned a lot from these audio gurus!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ei thanks shadow,

I went to circuit city yesterday and they are offering a promo price at $ 79.99 a pair and u get the second pair at 50% off the price.

I saw the polk, infinity, mtx, pioneer brands and would like to get other's opinion on which is the better brand. mukhang mas maganda nga yung mtx kaso balak ko sana is sql.

ang nakita ko lang na wire gauge is 4, 8 and 16 gano kaya kahaba kelangan for a 97 lancer glxi ?

yung 1 farad capacitor (monster) is $ 150 masyado ata mahal.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sql? well, mtx is the right subs for you man! check out that subs i was talking about, got one just like it, indi matakaw sa space yun. told u the caps are expensive, lightning audio cost like $100, entry level pa yun. as long as you dont need it bro, dont buy yet unless you are filthy rich. :D they say the clearest in terms of sq are the focals seps.
    no idea kung gaano kahaba wires mo man, just measure it, grab a tape measure. my ride is a 79 twin carbs beetle, modified to the extreme, ill feature it once ill be done with the mods.8)

goodluck bro!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get at least 8 guage for the power wires dude... ("at least"...meaning....8 guage or lower...like 6...4...etc)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gauge 8 wires will be enough for your power supply.........since getting a more thick wire for your supply would be overkill.......as for sq.......it's all up to your taste......just be sure to make it sound right and damn good......clarity is at its best.......that's what's important in sq setups........:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone tried Dynaudio seps yet? balita ko its very very good kaso mahal

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i think gino is using dynaseps with the rue midbass driver, reviews said its good! ask glenn, they had an eb nov 30 :wink:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    dynaaudio seps pala, hehe!:?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dang...i am speechless with dynes...

naiinggit ako.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
audio wire questions