New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    kung ok naman yung head unit mo and wala naman static yun na muna gamitin mo instead of spending money on your head unit. get a pair of targa subs with a good box and a good ampli. (sometimes you can get good second hand amps) or you can go for the brand USA - ultra sound acoustics. after that get yourself a pair of ryan audio separates. ok na yun for a beginner

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    just a question guys... i was advised that ickers speakers were ok too... can you comment on this?

i'm more on the SQ part of setting up too.. i'm planning to replace both my front and rear speakers with kickers speaker. maybe minus the amps because of a tight budget... maybe to follow na lang.

hope you can help me on this... thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit iwanan mo munang stock yung rear speakers mo. ok na yan! invest ka sa magandang seps tapos to follow na lang kahit 10" na sub. kahit SQ habol mo, kailangan mo pa rin ng bass sa system mo.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hi there, la kasing stock yung ride ko, medyo bitin lang talaga yung speakers na nakakabit sa ride ko. its a lancer EL.

so you still think its a bad idea. 3way speakers lang yung naklagay sa likod,yung old pioneer na hindi flat. yungmay sariling casing.

hope you can still give me more input... thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the meantime, pwede ka siguro bumili ng 6x9s kung wala ka pang immediate plans of having a sub installed. pero bubutasin yung rear deck mo para magkaspace for the new speakers. you can shop around for a good set of 2nd hand 6x9 speakers nalang para tipid. that's what i did ;)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I haven't seen any recommendations for pioneer seps...bakit kaya?

I am planning to acquire pioneer seps 3-way and 2 way kasi e.

does this sound correct? please advise on what I intend to do:

vehicle is Gen1 Paj

HU 4x40 watts

3 way seps front doors (hehe..seps ba yung sama-sama yung bass, mid at high sa iisang speaker?)

***what are coax?

sa rear doors: no speakers (?) nasa likod pa kasi yung factory speakers, so....dun na lang
    yung 2 way na seps(????) o coax (kindly differentiate)

tapos...I wanna get 2 x 8" subs to place at the back.

ngayon...paano ang mga amps? ano ang power ng amps na kailangan at ilan at anong klase po?

Does this sound right? or ano ang kulang? or what is wrong there?

Kasi po, may nakita akong mga 2nd hand HU at amps...tapos ang speakers (3 way and 2 way) ang bago, May 120w, 240w...etc. I would like to purchase them next week..please advise on what must I look for...para ipapakabit ko na lang dyan...

Finally, kanino ko ito ipapakabit dyan...na mahusay!? (in other words...malinis)
    Para sumaya ako!

Maraming salamat po sa kanila!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magadna yung mga pioneer seps na uber high-end! ganda din ng price, super mahal :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pparado:

seps = separates, as in magkahiwalay na tweeter at woofer/midrange. Kung 2 way, dalawang pirasong speakers per channel, bale 4, 2 left 2 right.

Coax = coaxial. The two speakers are placed on top of one another, thus sharing the same "axis". Usually 2 way, ilalim yung woofer/mid-range, sa ibabaw yung tweeter.

HTH.

If anyone could post links to any on-line glossary, that might be helpful. Matagal na rin akong hindi updated.

Anyone here used MB Quart Discus series?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    kicker seps speakers are ok pero mas gusto ko ang tunog ng mb quart and ryan audio.

mag try ka na lang ng 6x9 sa likod tapos lagyan mo ng box para buo yung tunog.

pag may pera ka na bumili ka na lang nung sub station. (all in one, box with sub and built in amp.)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Got this news from one of the car audio website here.

MB Quart - Fakes Available….

MB Quart has been a formidable player in the car audio industry for a long time. It went down on its knees last year and has to be propped-up by Rockford Inc. During the “turbulence” months, fake DSD 216 and DSC 216 have been making their rounds in Asia. Could this be the primary reason for the substantial fall in prices of MB Quart speakers ? Some MB Quart die-hards swear though that the quality has indeed fallen. This is a clear departure from their claim – Expect The Best in various media advertisements. An urgent “cleaning” of the markets is needed or a later “resurrection” of brand image is the order of the day.

audio set-up for beginners (ARCHIVED)