New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys, new car owner with stock sounds. Tunog lata all the way. haha :D

Any suggestions? How much will I be spending to have decent sounds. Not pang carshow / "bayo" type.

Eto mga issues ko sa car ko:

1) Hindi maganda ang speakers. Sobrang tunog lata. As in.

2) No space sa back board (tama ba?) to place speakers in. Palit backboard kesa butasan yung stock. hayz...

3) The whole door panel has to be unscrewed for me to change the speakers. Ganita ba lahat ng modelong kotse?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    would really appreciate comments and suggestions. I really don't want to change my HU just yet becoz of the added cost (installation and new HU of course). BUT I already read in a different thread that it's kinda pointless even if I buy amp, 6x9, sep and sub = it's not gonna be worth it unless i change HU.

Is there anyone out there willing to prove otherwise? thanks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Good sound quality begins at the HU.

The factory HUs are "crippled" to provide a worse-than-flat frequency response. This is so to protect the factory speakers, more than anything else. You'll hardly notice any of the details and nuisance in the reproduced sound, even if you turn up the bass and treble dials. Changing the speakers even while retaining the stock HU will help a bit. But needless to say, don't expect your speakers to perform at its full potential.

I suggest you first listen around in other people's rides to get a grasp on what you want and so you can come up with a working budget.

Then start at the head unit + dash trim. Then work your way to the front seps + door deadening. If you want to go further, add a sub. And so on.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Stock speakers ng city is really pathetic. Magnet is about the size of a 5 peso coin. Almost as thin. This is why you have "tunog lata"

To get good sound, you will have to change speakers and possibly add an amp, change HU etc.. Its all up to your budget.

Give us a bidget and your location and we may be able to give suggestions

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir i would suggest palit ka na rin ng headunit. meron na headunit replacement kit para sa Honda City:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx_energy View Post
    sir i would suggest palit ka na rin ng headunit. meron na headunit replacement kit para sa Honda City:

san nakakabili nito? thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    OT: lahat ba ng model ng honda (civic and city) has same size ng speaker?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi, you can register here maybe they can help you

http://www.hondacityclubph.com

Thanks

Audio set up for 2010 H. City 1.5