New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sir atong, long time.

kay jeff tan ka din pala nagpapagawa ng sounds.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo ...... bro robot.sonic, kanina lang . . . . galing nila gumawa . . . .

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by atongk View Post
    bros,

update lang avh1450DVD 9,300 lang kay jeff tan . . .6.5'seps / 12"sub / amps / box / wiring / labor - 10k all in

kapapakabit ko lang, sobra din budget ko kaya nagparetint na din Llumar . 2,500 lang LJ78 pa ito ha

thanks jeff... bukas yung vios naman ni mrs

sir robot sonic kumusta na . . .

Sir what equipment did he gave to you? He gave me almost the same price but I have no idea on the seps he is giving.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ronan, teac 6.5 seps / teac 12" sub and box . lightning lab amps

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    sir how is the teac seps? he also offered the same thing to me. ano specs nung TEAC seps? did you go for SQ or SPL set-up? Thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ronan, para sa tenga ko, ok na ok ito . . . .SQ naman gusto ko l . . . 80s music ang palagi kong sounds .. specs ng seps ? . . .tingnan ko bukas sa box . . .

pero pang budget sep-up oks na ito compared to my targa / v12 partner before.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    thanks sa feedback. medyo nagdadalawang isip kasi ako sa seps eh. hehe. try ko na lang pakinggan muna.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I saw the specs of Teac CS-6 being offered by Jeff at their website (TEAC Car audio - AV Center, CD receiver, Amplifier, Subwoofer, Speaker, Tweeter, Standard packages, Accessories... TEAC Master Distributor: Phonic Electronics). Rated power 20W RMS? What does that mean compared to others that has higher RMS?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My experience in the industry says that if Jeff says it's good, then it's good. He's not known to BS his customers anyway. But speakers really plays a minor part on how the overall sound would come out. This may surprise some people but nobody can sit down and audition some songs blindfolded and know what speakers you're playing. Not me, not you, not even the guy who designs these speakers can know.

You can buy the most expensive speaker there is but if you do not tune it right, it'll sound like any other crappy speaker out there. That does not mean you shouldn't splurge on speakers like how I do. You buy a speakers for their potential to sound good - and this potential isn't cheap either. Being expensive has its own pros such as better phasing, the ability of a 6 1/2 speaker to go down to 60hz, being made up of exotic materials such as berylliums, etc.

RMS power means that the speakers can take this amount of power without any uhh.. consequences. You can't feed a speaker too much power either as giving a tweeter 300W full-blast means blowing the voice coil out. A watt is a unit of power, it's the unit of energy transfer to be more specific. The transfer produces heat. Transferring 50W is more or less like touching an incandescent bulb with your bare hands -- expect a yelp if you do.

RMS ratings is an iffy issue. There's no set universal standard for testing of speaker specifications. Although we have "quality assurance" brands such as CEA 2006 that measures a speaker under a standard set of specifications -- not everybody does it. Higher RMS ratings doesn't mean a speaker sucks, it simply means it eats up more power.

A good case here is that: Higher sensitivity speakers need less power. This is exactly why I recommend people who wouldn't be using an amplifier to simply purchase the most sensitive speaker they can find. It does not mean they're inferior -- it simply means they're more efficient at using that power. Notable brands who typically have high sensitivity is Focal JMLabs. This is also why bigger speakers need more power -- they're less sensitive because you need more power to move bigger voice coils. You can feed a 1" tweeter 10W and it'll sing.. feed the same to a subwoofer and it won't even move an inch.

At the end, don't look at the rated power. It's pretty much like trying to buy a car by judging how many wheel nuts it has.

Hope this enlightens and humors you at the same time.

EDIT: Well, first time I sent this it seems the website's down. Thank god I've gotten used to Tsikot's downtime and always have a copy-paste Notepad ready.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Sir, again thank you for your insights.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast