New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 167
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    65
    #101
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    Just been to Jeff Tan 3days ago, nagpa qoute ako ng budget meal for my ride. Ok kausap si Jeff ask ka nya kung anong klaseng sound upgrade ang gusto mo then explain nya yung best for that type of upgrade. At first ayoko palagyan ng subs but nung pinakita nya yun slim type and detachable box go na rin ako. Mabilis gumawa mga boys nya, after almost 2.5 hrs its done. Thumbs up for Jeff Tan!

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    Magkano po inabot? Ano ano pinalagay mo?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    571
    #102
    ^ nilagyan nya ng slim type subs w/ teac speakers, teac seps and lightning lab amps. Deadening of 2 front doors. 11.5k inabot.

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    571
    #103
    Jeff has an offer to replace my stock HU to a pioneer 2din HU, back up cam, headrest monitors for an additional 16k. Still thinking about it

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    #104
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    ^ nilagyan nya ng slim type subs w/ teac speakers, teac seps and lightning lab amps. Deadening of 2 front doors. 11.5k inabot.

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    malaki reduction sa cabin noise after mo magpakabit ng Deadening sa 2 front doors? TIA.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    65
    #105
    Im still thinking kung mag amp and subs pa ako since di naman ako bass fan saka di ako malakas patugtog. Hehe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,526
    #106
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    malaki reduction sa cabin noise after mo magpakabit ng Deadening sa 2 front doors? TIA.
    The primary purpose of OEM butyl deadeners is to lessen the resonant frequency of the panel by adding mass. By decreasing the resonant frequency of the panel, your midbass can then dig down deeper before resonating along with the music (aka bzzzz.. bzzzz..) The "sound deadening" properties is simply a byproduct of the added mass blocking off some percentage of the sound.

    Decibel reduction is relative. You can deaden a Kia Pride and have great success but deadening a Lexus won't be that eyebrow-raising. To really reduce cabin noise, what you need to do is enclose your car like a bubble. This is the secret to upscale cars where they have thicker slates of everything from glass to sheet metal which they seal up nook and cranny afterwards.

    In any case, if habol mo is reduction in cabin noise, the two most effective areas to treat are the floors and rear quarterpanels (tire noise).

    If you'd like to research more, look into MLVs or mass loaded vinyls. However, don't use the term sa mga shops as they're unfamiliar with it. Just address them as butyl deadeners.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    #107
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    The primary purpose of OEM butyl deadeners is to lessen the resonant frequency of the panel by adding mass. By decreasing the resonant frequency of the panel, your midbass can then dig down deeper before resonating along with the music (aka bzzzz.. bzzzz..) The "sound deadening" properties is simply a byproduct of the added mass blocking off some percentage of the sound.

    Decibel reduction is relative. You can deaden a Kia Pride and have great success but deadening a Lexus won't be that eyebrow-raising. To really reduce cabin noise, what you need to do is enclose your car like a bubble. This is the secret to upscale cars where they have thicker slates of everything from glass to sheet metal which they seal up nook and cranny afterwards.

    In any case, if habol mo is reduction in cabin noise, the two most effective areas to treat are the floors and rear quarterpanels (tire noise).

    If you'd like to research more, look into MLVs or mass loaded vinyls. However, don't use the term sa mga shops as they're unfamiliar with it. Just address them as butyl deadeners.
    thanks for the info. do you know shops that install butyl deadeners?

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,526
    #108
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    thanks for the info. do you know shops that install butyl deadeners?
    Most car audio shops also provide deadening services ;)

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    571
    #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkuu View Post
    Im still thinking kung mag amp and subs pa ako since di naman ako bass fan saka di ako malakas patugtog. Hehe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I was thinking the same thing before but because my stock HU cant really make the aftermarket seps sound good as the seps will be underpowered. Thats been demoed by Jeff. Maybe if i'll replace my hu there will be some difference. And according to Jeff, if the hu is replaced the steering wheel controls will not function anymore. In another thread, may nagsasabi na pwedeng mapagana ulit (controls) by adding up a console. Meron po bang ibang feedback w/ this?

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,526
    #110
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    I was thinking the same thing before but because my stock HU cant really make the aftermarket seps sound good as the seps will be underpowered. Thats been demoed by Jeff. Maybe if i'll replace my hu there will be some difference. And according to Jeff, if the hu is replaced the steering wheel controls will not function anymore. In another thread, may nagsasabi na pwedeng mapagana ulit (controls) by adding up a console. Meron po bang ibang feedback w/ this?

    Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    1. "Under powering" and "sounding good" isn't correlated to one another. Sounding good is directly proportional to your tuning, that is, unless you're pushing the volume knob a bit too high and your driver starts distorting. You can get great sounds off your stock head unit's 18W, problem is that you can't listen to loud music.

    2. What you need is a steering wheel interface. Locally, I think one of the more famous brands is PAC (Pac-audio.com Products | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future).

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Araneta car accessories