New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hi, am new here...

just got a new toyota altis... though I love my new car...i really can't stand the head unit that comes with it...it's both aesthetically and audibly unappealing (in short it looks and sounds bad)

hope someone could help me choose a new unit...i'd rather get a 2-din one with mp3 playback already so the car's interior won't look so bare...but i have no idea what's in the market today...

any suggestions on what and where (preferrably in the Makati area) to get it would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo limited ang options for a 2-DIN HU kasi eh. and medyo pricey. i'd get a 1-DIN pioneer HU nalang if i were in your shoes. kaso, mavovoid ang electrical warranty mo. check out the existing threads re: mp3 capable HUs

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the quick reply

how mahal is mahal for the 2-din? don't even know who much HUs are going for these days...but i'll probably get 1-din if the 2-din is really too expensive...

am checking out the thread you suggested and other websites as well...

thanks again...

btw, is kenwood ok?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Kenwood is a reputable brand, but I suggest Pioneer if you plan to play pirated/burned CDs often. Most of their HUs also accept WMA files.

1-din MP3 HUs start at around 8K while 2-din maybe about 12K. There are several audio shops in Araneta Ave. It's crossing Quezon Ave if you're not sure where it is. Don't mistake it for Araneta Center Cubao. Once you're there, just try canvassing around. If you prefer Makati, there are shops around the Shopwise area near South Super Highway.

Hope this helps. By the way, pls read my PM on your stock HU.

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    mga pioneer na hu 1 din around 6k-7k meron na ngayon, tapos ang kenwood na 2 din lam ko pinakamura is 16k mp3 capable na yun with dsp

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2DIN HUs nasa 30k up yun... yung mga 12-15k yun yung resale value nya.

if you compare the specs to lets say a 15k pioneer HU mas lamang pa features ng 1DIN compared to the usual 2DIn stock HUs you see in Rav4s and CR-Vs.

yung Pioneer 2DIN Mp3 capable i'm not sure if it's even locally available.

kung gusto mo hindi bare yung dash mo get a 1DIN HU and a 1DIN LCD screen :D.. who needs OEL display when you have a big LCD screen :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alpine 9830 and up. ganda yan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for all the suggestions.

yup, i'll just be getting a 1-DIN HU. cheaper and more practical...

it seems that pioneer is the way to go. i checked some websites i'm eyeing the pioneer DEH-P7700MP because its also AAC capable i can burn cds from iTunes na lang. is it a good buy?

and where do you guys suggest i go to get the HU? preferrably Makati area. my bro always get his stuff at Roadstar but baka meron cheaper place...

thanks again

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try autoline as well. makati area din yan, pero forgot the exact location. mas trip ko mag 8650 kaysa 7700 kasi colored OEL and 6.5v preout. wala nga lang siyang iTunes capability like the 7700. going rate is around 23-24k ata.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    23-24K is kinda steep for me...plan to get a CD-changer and a steering wheel mounted remote control sana with the HU...

there's such thing pala as mp3-CD changer pala but i don't think pioneer has it ... only sony ...

i think i know where autoline is ... near malugay st, makati i think...i'll check that out...thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Any suggestions for a good HU to replace my car's stock unit?