New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    It should be better than the windscreen-mounted antenna ... kaya lang, as I said earlier, magmumukhang PUJ. Ito yung V na tama ang sukat for VHF. Not the small one that you see on limo's (UHF yon). Problema kasi maliit at mababa ang mobile antenna, compared to your usual roof antenna at home. Imo, a whip antenna on each side of the car roof phased to give a figure-8 reception pattern is best, pero mukha ring may sungay kotse mo.

Pampalubag-loob ... In the UK, digital TV transmissions (called DVB or Freeview) started in 2002 and the format is in mpeg widescreen, same as in DVD. You can just imagine the big improvement in TV watching ... para kang nanonuod ng, well, DVD. It is also transmitted on UHF, kaya maliit lang ang antenna. It should be great watching digital TV in the car.

Having said that, I was really disappointed with the in-car reception ... para kang nanonood ng pirated DVD, hehehe. Kahit yung bumili ng BMW system worth P100k-plus, ganun din. Which takes us to the conclusion that if you want to have a better reception, drive your car closer to the TV transmitter

lupit ng explanation a!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hayyyy, sayang din pala yung nabili kong DVD playr with TV tuner. Tama nga kayo, DIBIDI na laang..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Having said that, I was really disappointed with the in-car reception ... para kang nanonood ng pirated DVD, hehehe. Kahit yung bumili ng BMW system worth P100k-plus, ganun din. Which takes us to the conclusion that if you want to have a better reception, drive your car closer to the TV transmitter
    or.... park you car in your garage then connect your cable tv cable on your car monitor and maganda na reception mo... 100+ channels pa hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako din internal... wala tayong choice kung hinde magtiis.. pag open road naman tapos nakastop malinaw hehehehe

pag external hinde din ganun kalaki un difference e

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din nag install ng car tv (no dvd) para lang sa mga kids kasi ang kukulet. kaso lalo kumulet aat pag nawala ang signal e lalo nagwawala. bili ako ng diversity antenna (2k bili ko sa banawe) saka nilagyan ko pa ng signal booster, konti lang improvement. dati kasi 10 km before san fernando wala na signal, ngayon lampas na hehehe. pero sa metro manila walang pagasa, dami kasi buildings may mga spots na wala talaga signal.

next project ko na lang yung dvd player sa glove compartment. last time nag long trip kami nun nawala na signal nangungulit na ang 2 kulits ko so stop pa kami sa tabi, kuha ng laptop sa boot para mag-play ng dora the explorer!
    Last edited by yebo; November 19th, 2005 at 07:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    recently installed an AVT dvd player/tv tuner on my ride using an indoor diversity antenna and i was surprised to find out the relatively good signal it gets from local tv station. i used to have an outdoor tv antenna on my old starex van kasi before and my experience was coming from manila pag exit ng NLEX halos wala na ako ma recieve at best erratic na reception, but with the indoor antenna installed now i would get good reception until tarlac tarlac. i dunno if this is because of the antenna design or because of the tv tuner on my HU though.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yan ok yung kay Amboy. *Amboy, ano brand ng AVT mo?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    Yan ok yung kay Amboy. *Amboy, ano brand ng AVT mo?
    what brand is the antenna you mean? the antenna came packaged with the AVT HU i bought kasi and it has no marking. but you can inquire at Auto Circuit in banawe and ask na lang for von and just mention the antenna that they installed together with the AVT HU i bought from them last saturday nov. 26. btw, AVT is the brand of the 2 din dvd player/tv tuner i bought from them.
    Last edited by amboy; November 29th, 2005 at 03:46 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    glad that youre satisfied pare :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by amboy
    ... but with the indoor antenna installed now i would get good reception until tarlac tarlac. i dunno if this is because of the antenna design or because of the tv tuner on my HU though.
    Probably both. Anyway, just for comparison ...

When I was a kid, TV reception in our car using a gutter-mounted vee antenna was good until you reach the NLEX exit, which was then in Dau, Mabalacat. Once you leave the NLEX you lose the signal because of the obstructions, of course.

That was in the 70's ... when TV stations were putting out only several kilowatts of signal (50 kw, if I remember it right) and the tower heights a lot lower than now. Also, when portable TV's were still black and white and CRT's, hehe.

Now you have TV stations transmitting in the megawatt range and higher towers, and better TV receivers (S/N ratio) ... consequently, dapat mas malayo mo ma-enjoy TV viewing and I'm sure you appreciate the improvement. Ano ba kasing telenovela ang hinahabol mo? BTW, were you able to get the Sto. Tomas signals after you've lost the signals from Manila?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Antenna For Car TV Tuner