New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys, I have a very old vehicle with no stereo in it and no sound system. I have restored and customized the dashboard to fit an Android tablet in the center console and I will be using it as my car stereo. My plan would be to buy a second hand amplifier and subwoofer and then connect the Tablet to the amplifier. The subwoofer and speakers will then be connected to the amplifier.

I would like to know if this set-up will be ok and will the sound quality be good and loud enough? Or should I still need to buy a real car stereo to where I will connect the Android tablet?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    Hi guys, I have a very old vehicle with no stereo in it and no sound system. I have restored and customized the dashboard to fit an Android tablet in the center console and I will be using it as my car stereo. My plan would be to buy a second hand amplifier and subwoofer and then connect the Tablet to the amplifier. The subwoofer and speakers will then be connected to the amplifier.

I would like to know if this set-up will be ok and will the sound quality be good and loud enough? Or should I still need to buy a real car stereo to where I will connect the Android tablet?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    i have not yet heard good sound come out from an android. perhaps it is because the attached speaker is low fidelity.
    is an android capable of good quality signal output that can be amplified by a good sound system, resulting in high fidelity sound?
    i don't know..
    the output quality of a good sound system is only as good as the signal fed into it..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 22nd, 2015 at 03:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    TS, I assume your tablet headphone output is the main audio source? If yes, you don't need to buy an amplifier instead of a booster. Your tablet headphone output was already "amplified" this is the reason why can you hear a sound using a headphone. Try this... set up your PC 5:1 speaker system (with sub woofer) to your tablet. if the sound quality is okay then go for it. make sure to buy good quality of booster as well as sets of speakers.
    personally, I will just buy a set of hi-fi car stereo system instead. less hassle... & less gray hair

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TS, I assume your tablet headphone output is the main audio source? If yes, you don't need to buy an amplifier instead of a booster. Your tablet headphone output was already "amplified" this is the reason why can you hear a sound using a headphone. Try this... set up your PC 5:1 speaker system (with sub woofer) to your tablet. if the sound quality is okay then go for it. make sure to buy good quality of booster as well as sets of speakers.
    personally, I will just buy a set of hi-fi car stereo system instead. less hassle... & less gray hair

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As this is for an old car, I don't suppose you'd care much for audiophile sound quality. What I'd do is use a basic 1DIN head unit with aux input. That way, you still have an option to listen to AM/FM and basic bass/trebble and volume controls. It's easier to work with a physical volume knob than the rocker or on-screen volume controls on the tablet.

All that's left is a separate amp and driver for the sub.
    Last edited by oj88; March 22nd, 2015 at 06:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pair mo sa kingone k5 blue tooth speaker yung android tablet mo ayos na, tipid pa set up mo.