New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I got one of those 10.1" android 4.2.2 head units for an XTY T32. Can't get the steering wheel controls to work although it's supposed be plug and play. Vendor is of no help. Avoid Smart Rover in AliExpress if your are thinking of getting one.

Although I have instructions for a fix but it's from a different brand and vendor (similar product though), want to know if there is anyone that can help fix this (without cutting the cars wires - for warranty issues).

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    There should be an app called steering wheel control blah blah that you run and you press the steering wheel buttons then it records the voltages. Maps them to the default android buttons of volume and next track previous track.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    There should be an app called steering wheel control blah blah that you run and you press the steering wheel buttons then it records the voltages. Maps them to the default android buttons of volume and next track previous track.
    Found the app and tried setting it up. However, it seems the problem is with the harness. Vendor doesn't want to admit it. Been talking to another T32 owner and his vendor was a lot more helpful. They gave him instructions on how to rewire the harness. I'm just not 100% sure it'll work for the unit I got.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    I got one of those 10.1" android 4.2.2 head units for an XTY T32. Can't get the steering wheel controls to work although it's supposed be plug and play. Vendor is of no help. Avoid Smart Rover in AliExpress if your are thinking of getting one.

Although I have instructions for a fix but it's from a different brand and vendor (similar product though), want to know if there is anyone that can help fix this (without cutting the cars wires - for warranty issues).

TIA.

thanks sa info.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post

TIA.

thanks sa info.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Napagana yung controls ni Mickey's Autosound. Finally. [emoji4]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Congratz. What was the issue?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thank. Wrong wiring harness. They had to trace the wires that have to connect.