New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ano cause ng powerprotect ng amplifier? kanina kasi kaka-start ko lang ng engine tpos nung nag sounds na ako, biglang namamatay, nung pagkatingin ko sa amp. nag pprotect siya. yung amplifier ko nga pala Lightning Lab 850watt mono amp.

salamat tsikotters!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    baka may sirang speaker. try mo i isolate per channel.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    baka may sirang speaker. try mo i isolate per channel.
    after checking the speakers, adjust the sound for moderate volume. Old school (1990s'-2000) power protection is for overloading of amp and tweeters.It is possible to trip the power protection if the thereshold adjust is on low level. Kahit na walang sira ang amp mo kung naabot mo na ang threshold level, trip agad yan. This should be adjusted by a competent audiotechnician or a skilled sound tripper.

Power protection is mainly for the amp - against overloading, mismatched speakers and the like. For tweeters, guard against overloading which causes the audio to be clipped(therefore, square waves.) This is like delivering power to the tweeters 4x. Eventually, the voice coil will pop out. Go easy on the graphic equalizer, esp on subsonics and the 'highs'.

Personally, I do not recommend loud amplifier sounds inside a car. It could interfere with your driving. Slow sounds could induce your brain freq to become lower to alpha freq(zombie brain). Loud, fast beats make your brain beat to beta brain freq which may make your reflexes be faster but inaccurate. Don't overdo it. Moderation is still the name of the game.

A 25w/ch is all I need (syempre, well designed) in a car or at home, really! For listening, I choose a Polk Audio speaker system, very smooth. But, if your trip is a kilowatt/ch amp... oof; imagine the drain on the batteries...