New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    whats the "better" amp to match up with a kicker 8inch Soloaric L7?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jed,
    im guessing huh, kasi parang related ang Home Theater sa Car Sounds eh,
    wattage plays a major part, what i do is find a higher wattage amp than that of the speaker.
    dont worry about overpowering your speakers, worry more about not to underpower them, you will hit distortion and distortion will fry your speakers
    correct me lang if im wrong audio gurus

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to quote my friend leon275
    higher wattage amp than speakers.
    That way you will have more legroom for your amp to avoid "clipping"

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Avoiding clipping through higher wattage is ok. But then your endagering your subs to owerpower. Baka sumabog naman, lalo na ako, inexperienced pa. So i guess it'll be better kung tamang tama lang ang wattage? I agree sa distortion part. PAg underpowered nga distortion labas. ganon din baka masunog.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas madali mag adjust ng gain pag overpowered. Kesa underpowered di mo malaman kung san mo kukunin pag kulang.

Naalala ko sabi sa akin ng isang Home Audio guru, wag na wag kang magtitipid pag dating sa ampli. All out, if you really want that good sound. Mas mura mag palit ng mas malalakas na speakers in the future.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what brand you prefer and what enclosure. I would feed a single 8L7 with no less than 400-500 watts RMS.. go ported if you can...

amp matching time!!!