New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    what if nakavoltage regulator ako.. ok lng ba mag setup ng sounds sa oto ko?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    What do you mean?

Practically ALL vehicles have voltage regulators, otherwise circuits always get fried everytime you rev the engine.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    actually nasira IC ng alternator ko so they put a voltage regulator..
    thnx for the reply.. but i already ask opinions sa mga audio shops and they told me no problem as long na 1 amp lng naman ang pagaganahin ko..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the IC you're referring to is actually a voltage regulator IC. Basically what it does it to rectify the AC current from your alternator to DC then regulate the voltage output to +/1 12 Volts. what's important is that you have the right rating of fuse to protect your audio equipment. at shempre dapat match din yung voltage requirement. Pinaka importante dapat mag match yung ampere rating ng fuse mo sa audio setup mo; di dapat masyado mataas yung ampere rating ng fuse mo vs. your audio equipment. yun ang alam ko from basic electronics. hth.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lexce
    actually nasira IC ng alternator ko so they put a voltage regulator..
    thnx for the reply.. but i already ask opinions sa mga audio shops and they told me no problem as long na 1 amp lng naman ang pagaganahin ko..
    A ganun.

If the external volt reg has a higher amperage capacity than the alternator, which it likely is (unless you have an upgraded high powered alt, and the technician sourched the external volt reg from a lower-powered alt) you won't be able to "fry" it even if you overload your car's electricals with additional electronics.

However, if you want good performance from a high-powered audio system, you ought to upgrade to a high perfromance alt and/or some "line stiffening" capacitor/s.

alternator