New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I recently upgraded my HU to pioneer avh 1550. I noticed whenever I use the radio I get bad reception. I live in the province, but on my stock HU i still get clear signal on major radio stations (magic, monster) I went back to the shop to have my HU inspected, we changed the antenna adaptor, we tried a a brand new HU (same model) to no avail...Anybody experienced this before? My car is a 2013 city.

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That blue wire needs to be hooked to a switched power source, because it has an antenna amplifier, that when NOT powered, causes your radio reception to be awful.

Spliced the wires together. Reception now seems to be much better.

Can anybody attest to this...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, that's correct. Your HU has a blue/white wire that should be connected to the car's active antenna amp (blue wire). When the HU is powered up, this wire provides power to the antenna amp.

Page 41 of the following document has those details: http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...47A_3.4.13.pdf

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Great, thanks oj88! Can you recommend a shop in manila that can do this for me....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    Great, thanks oj88! Can you recommend a shop in manila that can do this for me....
    I'd go back to the people who installed your HU so you don't have to pay for something they should've done in the first place.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Problem is when I told them this, they were hesitant in doing it. Even told me That if they mess it up or if something burns they are not to be blamed. ..the shop I got the hu from is one of the well known shops in banawe. ..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Problem is when I told them this, they were hesitant in doing it. Even told me That if they mess it up or if something burns they are not to be blamed. ..the shop I got the hu from is one of the well known shops in banawe. ..
    What shop? Pls post the name of this shop. Wag naman sana puro positive feedback lang ang nilalagay or pinopost.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Why won't they fix it? It's what those wires were designed to do. I think if they refuse to fix the problem, they've essentially sold you a defective HU (bad radio reception), in which case, you have a right to return it to them and get your money back.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Cut the antenna wire and place a capacitor between the head unit and the antenna.
    By the way, I experienced the same thing when I upgraded the Head Unit of My 2007 Toyota Corolla Altis with a Pioneer DEH-3250UB. An installer ATRUKZION Car Accessories 35 N Banawe asked me to buy a capacitor which he attached between the antenna and the Head Unit. It worked. If I remember it right the installer's name is Lando.
    Last edited by JULIUS V TIMBOL; June 13th, 2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Additional Information

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for this Julius..
    The shop that installed this HU was Auto Intensity. I told owner Mico Sy about the reception problem and even showed him the posts (blue wire needing to be powered etc.) on the net, the info here at Tsikot plus the info on the manual and his reply was: "sige ipapagawa ko yan sa mga tao ko...pero hindi ko yan sagot kung masusunog yan..."

Of course being a noob in car audio i was not willing to take the risk. tsk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast