New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally this Car has only two lousy speakers, thing is that i wanna make them four(like four lousy speakers hehehe)

So how do I do the wiring?

I opened the HU and there are no wire for the two speakers for the rear.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fafa Max, can you take a pic of the wiring harness that attaches directly to the HU. Pati na rin pic ng HU mo at make and model so that it would be easier for us to solve this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok balik ako bukas with the additional photos

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    try replacing not adding

IMHO: replace mo na yung stock speakers mo with a decent one like seperates 2pcs mids 2pcs tweeters! try mo yung mga targa and fenton amps for the budjet set ups!
    if budjet constrains try to power it by your HU first the if not satisfied get an amp for it!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Back

Wire and my thumb

HU

Model #

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    toolights

I guess i just need some basic parts, you know nothing fancy, but nx for the suggestion.

Hope someone knows how to find the line for the rear speakers

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ah OK: DIY
    try to take a look of the colors ng wires ng rear speaker you will notice 2 or more colors from the RCA ex: red w white line or black with silver lines try to match it nalang to the rear speaker wires
    if hindi efective you will be needing this:
    extra wires from the HU to the rear speakers
    tester
    select the tester to 1k ohms then put the end of the extra wires to the negative or positive probe of the tester then point it to the positive terminal of the rear speaker, trace the RCA look where the needle of the tester reacts!

BTW:what speakers po ba iaad nyo? coax or seperates,watts ilan?
    Some OEM HU can only produce about 10 to 15 watts baka maover load yung HU mo so you will needing an amp to power the extra speakers
    hope this helps good luck

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fafa Max, chorek observation ni toolightz: may "abang" ka pa para mag-dagdag. Kaso, yung wattage output ng HU mo ang problem fafy: adding two more might overload the unit which can lessen the service life of the unit.

However, I think your HU may have been design with the user adding an extra speaker or two in mind. Kasi, halos lahat naman ng HU eh geared for 4 speakers eh: front at rear. So, theoretically pwede ka pang magkabit ng 2x speakers. Here's the catch: modest lang yung wattage ng speakers na pwede mong idagdag, approx mga no more than 50w each. Provided na hinde mo ilalakas ng husto yung volume ng HU, I think workable 'to.

Now, Q is kung saan maganda ilagay sa Jimny ang extra two speaks, he he. Teka, saan ba ang posit nung OEM speaks dyan sa Jimny?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10cm space for extra speaker
    Nicolodeon
    Here is where i plan to put the speakers, I guess may abang on the housing of the speaker part, regarding sa HU I think meron kasi when i use the fader mode and choose rear, nawawala yung tunog dahil wala ngang speakers.
    The stock speakers are at the front. am not sure of the size but the but sounds.. argh! Only your grandma can appreciate.

Toolights

Sana nga may abang ng wire for the rear, that I have to check.
    Yung using the tester part, sounds tricky, but no choice but to try.
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; September 19th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Adding Speakers