New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Good day mga ser. I'm looking for an active subwoofer with an extra pair of speaker terminals that would power my coaxials. Budget audio lang kaya ng budget ko and a retired basshead (pamilyado na). hehe. I was checking out v12's and nbn's and found they didn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    Good day mga ser. I'm looking for an active subwoofer with an extra pair of speaker terminals that would power my coaxials. Budget audio lang kaya ng budget ko and a retired basshead (pamilyado na). hehe. I was checking out v12's and nbn's and found they didn't have any.
    I think, wala wala pa po nyan ngayun sir, amplified su na may speaker output, kase yung naka atach na ampli ng amplified sub is para lang mismo dun sa sub, maybe, costumize, pwede yun..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    v12 at avt din hinahabol kong slim active subs. another would be yung nbn na 8" rounded subs. ok din po ba sila sir? kasi never ko pa naexperience. magkano din kaya mga slim active subs nila? thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I would also support tsikotshop's comment. Wala atang ganyan best to buy a 4-channel amplifier and use it to power the component speakers (Channels 1 and 2) and subwoofer (3 and 4).

The use of subwoofers is to create bass (you normally feel the "punch" at around 100Hz I believe) and thus, #1 factor is how it displaces air. Generally speaking: Bigger inches, deeper bass. If you're a basshead on a budget, best to look for 8 inchers or 10 inchers. These should provide enough oomph to make you happy on your daily drive.

But seriously speaking, most people will mistake midbass as their "bass". So maybe upgrading your stock speakers to good entry-level speakers would yield a better difference. I have seen people participating in EMMAs with just front-stage setup without the subwoofer and win. So take note of that.

Active subwoofer like the one can installed under the set can only produce as low as 40hertz, lower than that is not good to them, so don't expect too much bass quality, it was just like adding a midbasses not a subwoofer. Imagine how much airspace you gain at that space, mas malaki pa yung nasa door panel mismo and much stronger, so, if you like space saving but need some bass quality, better buy a good sets of component system and a good rating frequency response like 40hz-22khz, by these, you got midbass, mid range and a tweeter in one package, if you need a good bass, sacrifice some space, .75cuft is not big, but enough air space for the 8" subwoofer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    so you mean hindi maganda mga active slim subs basta below 40hz? hmm.. next time nga na mapadpad ako dun, tignan ko uli ilang hertz yung sa AVT at V12. kung mababa lang talaga then i might go instead na nga lang with NBN na 8" or 10" round subs. ang ayoko lang sa nbn is yung kung saan ko siya ipu pwesto sa loob na hindi halata yet ramdam ko malapit lang sa akin yung bass. wala kasi ako balak ilagay sa trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    so you mean hindi maganda mga active slim subs basta below 40hz? hmm.. next time nga na mapadpad ako dun, tignan ko uli ilang hertz yung sa AVT at V12. kung mababa lang talaga then i might go instead na nga lang with NBN na 8" or 10" round subs. ang ayoko lang sa nbn is yung kung saan ko siya ipu pwesto sa loob na hindi halata yet ramdam ko malapit lang sa akin yung bass. wala kasi ako balak ilagay sa trunk
    Not that what i mean, just don't expect too much bass quality, they have bass, but not so low, say its not sounds right at 30hz, because of the air space in that subwoofer.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Don't worry for super low frequencies. Most of the time they're non-existent in recordings unless audiophile reference yan. Look for subs that can play til 50hz and you're pretty well-off. Human hearing's until 20hz, but most bass you typically hear from day-to-day is around 80-100hz If I let a normal person hear 80hz vs 20hz, I doubt he'll "hear" a difference.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    I think, wala wala pa po nyan ngayun sir, amplified su na may speaker output, kase yung naka atach na ampli ng amplified sub is para lang mismo dun sa sub, maybe, costumize, pwede yun..
    Thanks sa info ser. I was hoping na meron lang, kasi home theater subs meron. Para makatipid. I guess I'd still have to purchase a dedicated amp para sa separates. Wala kasi hipass speaker outs ng HU.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    Thanks sa info ser. I was hoping na meron lang, kasi home theater subs meron. Para makatipid. I guess I'd still have to purchase a dedicated amp para sa separates. Wala kasi hipass speaker outs ng HU.
    Information lang po, speaker Output of the head unit is full range, just that limited in amplification, meaning, its rms power is definitely low because of its size, say it just 25watts rms * 4 ohms per channel. Kaya kelangan mo talaga ng amp if your separates(components) rating is above 25watts pero kaya pa rin naman. Hi pass speaker out is not power output, its a filter for the frequency cut off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Active subwoofer with amped speaker terminals