New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    41
    #1
    Can i achieve an SPL considered my system is about to be set-up is an SQL System? Or do i need to change sub boxes?

    Kasi, i'm planning to get an SQL setup but i want to have an SPL without sacrificing the bass that we get from an SQL setup.

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    123
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by pbcnx View Post
    Can i achieve an SPL considered my system is about to be set-up is an SQL System? Or do i need to change sub boxes?

    Kasi, i'm planning to get an SQL setup but i want to have an SPL without sacrificing the bass that we get from an SQL setup.
    Sir..yong SPL na ibig mo sabihin ecompete mo yong set-up mo or want just a loud bass that will match to your front speakers? ano ang enclosure mo ngayon seald or ported?

    tune or design your enclosure properly ma achieve mo yong goal mo and it will also sound great in low volume.. pero in SPL competetions and you want numbers(big score) on your certificate.. that would be another topic..LOL..

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,387
    #3
    AFAIK merong nanalo dati na naka SQ setup, not really sure though. pero alam ko naka sealed box un.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    41
    #4
    I just want to achieve good deep non muddy bass with some SPL on it.

    I'm planning to get a 1 or 2 pcs 12" kenwood with a sealed box. but i'm thinking if i should change it to a vented box and sacrifice half of my trunk. But after reading the posts in this section, most people who achieved SQL setup used sealed box. even who had previously have a vented box changed to sealed box and "never looked back"

    and nope, i'm not entering any competitions since surely i'll fail hehehe...

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    123
    #5
    Hi.. with seald you will still get loud bass(SPL) but it would not be deep bass bacause the seald enclosure will give a flat response.. you will acheive that with ported enclosure designs..single 12" would be enough in a proper enclosure..I have been to seald designs and then ported designs you can hear the difference...(especially if love deep bass)..

  6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,640
    #6
    Hello Sir! Why not try a "Loud and Clear" set-up instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbcnx View Post
    I just want to achieve good deep non muddy bass with some SPL on it.

    I'm planning to get a 1 or 2 pcs 12" kenwood with a sealed box. but i'm thinking if i should change it to a vented box and sacrifice half of my trunk. But after reading the posts in this section, most people who achieved SQL setup used sealed box. even who had previously have a vented box changed to sealed box and "never looked back"

    and nope, i'm not entering any competitions since surely i'll fail hehehe...

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    360
    #7
    Lound and clear with SPL Hmnnn.. it can be done just know what is the best crossover points that you can get the most SPL on your SQL setup.

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    41
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Hello Sir! Why not try a "Loud and Clear" set-up instead?
    Never heard of it. Is that a combo of SPL and SQL? if so, how?

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    360
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pbcnx View Post
    Never heard of it. Is that a combo of SPL and SQL? if so, how?

    Loud and Clear = SQL most prefered by those who want to listen outside the car in a parking lot or tambay mode, yet attains certain SQ inside.

    I heared soon there will be competition on this kind of category.. dati SQ at SPL lang ang pang compitition ngayon mayroon na "Loud and clear" ...

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,358
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Loud and Clear = SQL most prefered by those who want to listen outside the car in a parking lot or tambay mode, yet attains certain SQ inside.

    I heared soon there will be competition on this kind of category.. dati SQ at SPL lang ang pang compitition ngayon mayroon na "Loud and clear" ...
    Bro, magkano raw?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Achieving SPL on an SQL Setup?