New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jojan View Post
    Ahhh!!! That is why i kept on getting very low bass...

my seps are just on yellow boxes... cant seem to fine better SEPs... any nice SEPs that you think could give voice and clarity on my set?

Tnx to all your infos...
    Actually, I bought the seps with yellow box too. Hindi ko kasi alam may competition series pala na 6.2. At any rate, I'm happy with the seps. Are your seps producing a low bass as well? It might have something to do with the setup 'coz mine is really loud and clear Plus we have the same amp...v12.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    I have 2 Kiker s12L7 Solobarics and 2 sets of ES6.2 Seps.. The problem is, I cant seem to get the good sound for clarity.. My Bass Sound is so deep... I have ported boxes and 2 V12 Amps only.. still planning to get KX1200.1 and KX 850.4 Kicker AMPS...

Any sugestions on my SEPs? Do I need to get another set of SEPs or 6x9's?

Are DUBaudio speakers are quality speakers... or porma lang? Coz i'm planning to make my SEPs to be DUBaudio set... Would it make my sound better?

BTW: I want to use the 2 L7's for my bass.
    Amang, magandang umaga po..

Im sorry, Im kind of lost about what happen in your sounds problem. When you said not a good sound clarity.... you mean is it FLUTTER, VIBRATE, YOUR SPEAKERS POP, WEAK or DISTORTED OUTPUT?

Also when you said SEPs is this the Component System(not sub) or just a regular speaker ? Again pls. excuse my ignorance. So, can you tell me the best you can about your system design strategy. Sometimes stereo imaging and staging is overlook and creating the illusion of a three -dimensional platform upon which the players are situated is ignored.

Achieve the basic objective of distortion-free sound with strong bass at healty volume, and you're at least 80 percent of the way toward CAR STEREO NIRVANA. To tell you, that's close enough for most people. Not me. You can call me Im a perfectionist but hey!, its your money and you want the best of it, right? I called it THE DETAILS THAT SPELL PERFECTION.

So if you have time, let me know or ask our fellow members that willing to give some of thier precious time.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    * v6dreamer
    ung SEPs po un yung mga Smaller Speakers ko "Component System".. they are 6.2 Kickers with Twits... Then yung SUBs ko pa 2 pcs 12" L7 Kickers... and I have one AMPLI for my SEPs and 1 AMP for my SUBs... Naka Ported BOX po sila...

KX1200.1 sa SUBs and KX 850.4 Kicker AMPS and 2channel Kicker Crossover... << bagong salpak.. ako lang po nag lagay.. ung crossover di ko pa nalalagay.. di ko lam lagay eh...

About clarity.. ok naman regarding FLUTTER, SPEAKERS POP, WEAK or DISTORTED OUTPUT "wla po sila nun.. Kaso po.. My Problem is Parang super lakas ng SUBs ko parang kulang po ung BOSES "ung Vocals ng kumakanta" Parang ang liit ng Boses...

VIBRATION = Natural na siguro un.. kasi 750 to 1500 RMS ung Subs...

I myself is somehow a so called perfectionist... it's true that ginastosan natin... kaya we would like to have the best...

* MyDestiny
    Oo nga.. di ko rin alam na may competition series pala na 6.2 din...

* glntVR
    Ahh... Is there any possibility na peding change to SPL then change tune to SQ?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    * JoJan.
    On your seps are you or are you not pushing them w/ Amps?

Component system really to be discussed together because there is so much interaction taking place between theme. You dont need a competition system to achive a sounds quality but stereo imaging is important. You could laught at theme if you do the proper staging.
    These two speakers( midrange driver & tweeter) are responsible for producing all voice material and the Mid to Upper registers of most instrument.

Here's how you do?
    Make sure your speakers in PHASE.
    Your component system must connect to, Two Channel Amps or four channel amp, for your rear speakers also to get an excellent quality sounds and crystal clear. Usually 40 to 60 watts is enought for full range speaker. Important that your Component system must install in the front door of your car or in your car kick panel. As frequencies get higher they become more directional, which means mas madaling sabihin kung saan nakakabit ang speaker. Dahil dito it is desirable to have your speakers that produce material above 100 Hz mounted in the front not in the back.

1st your component system...

Component system must mounted as close to one another as possible. This is done to minimize phase disturbances which occur as these drivers become separated from one another. The futher apart the drivers are mounted from one another the more you will be able to hear music information being exchange between the two. Ideally, music should sound from a single area not from two distinct point.

Tunning your speakers Amplifier.

With all your wire speakers connected to amps and again make sure in phase. Turn on your Head Unit ,turn counter clockwise your gain control on your amplifiers to the minimum setting. Play a CD or Tape on your head unit and crank up to the max. Dahil nasa minimum setting ang gain ng amplifier mahina ang tunog sa mga speaker both front and rear. Now, this important to prevent damages from your speaker.

Go back to your amplifier and slowly adjust your gain control clockwise. You could hear your speakers powering up ( lalakas ang tunog) keep doing this until your speakers start fluttering. Once your speaker start fluttering slowly turn your gain control low until all the flutter are gone. That is your crossover point. This is also a protection of your speaker from blowing up. For example, you turn off your stereo at nilinis mo ang kotse mo dahil sa kapupunas mo sa stereo mo naadjust ang volume to the max. Just after you turn on your stereo BOOOOOOOOOM wasak na ang mga speakers mo. Make sense right? Now if you set all the right point kahit accidental na mitaas mo volume still safe dahil na tune in ang amps mo. Malakas pero taenga naman ang kawawa.

If you have done this already, lets move to tuning the system.

Again, with your component must connect w/ amps( high pass not low pass on your Amplifier crossover) cause your head unit(stereo) is not strong enought to put out power from your Seps. Correctly setting the fader is important for proper staging and imaging in the system. Too much rear fill will pull the sounds around each side of the listener, towards the rear of the car, and eliminate staging all together. Kaya parang mahina ang pandinig mo. Kung kukunti naman ang tunog sa likod the system sound lifeless and dull. The ambience provided by the rear fill speakers is part of what makes a system sound similar to the place in which the recording was made.

How to adjust rear fill.

Fader adjustment is done by ear, sitting in your driver's seat. Put a Tape or CD in your stereo, yung kantang familiar sa yo. Patugtugin mo ang stereo mo then turn your fader control all the way to the rear position and listen to the system for a few minutes, hanngang masanay ka how the rear speakers sound. Now, slowly start turning the fader towards front speaker( sa harapan naman). When you reached a point where you can't really tell whether or not the rear are playing, you are probably pretty close to an optimal setting.

Listen to the system like this for a few minutes, tatandaan mo yong position ng fader mo, and then turn the fader again to full-front position( sa front speaker naman). Mapapakinggan mong papangit uli ang tugtog. Now turn the fader back sa dating setting. Turn fader to compensate the fill of front and rear speaker to achive your optimum fader setting. That is your optimum fader setting.

jojan this is for now and remember attention to details is vital to achive a quality sounds. Oh! one more thing, sorry kung mahaba masyado ang naisulat ko. And this only the beginning wala pa tayo sa spell of perfection. By the way let me know the outcome in your system. GOOD LUCK.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    * v6dreamer, very nice tutorial / info you gave there. Dami ko natutunan na tips. Keep 'em coming sir.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    * v6dreamer

WOW WOW WOW!!! The MAN the GURU!!!

Thanks po sa help... I really needed these one... I will surely try your tutorial... Hope I could do these along with a friend... I'll keep you updated.. tapusin ko lang po ung new Box para sa SUBS.. parang garalgal kasi ung SUB box ko "Ported na 2 cube ft" each box... I'll try go for higher volume ng box... hirap pagkasyahin sa trunk ng Civic 2002...

ito po pic ng back w/o grills on...

Anyway, first day in the morning ng saturday... gawin ko to.. I have it printed already and ready to go... I just hope I could get it correctly... These will be fun DIY with the help of your great tutorial... Sound Staging...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ei, we have the same car pala. Mine's a year older(2001).

In addition to what v6dreamer said, you may want to set the bass on your HU to 0. Lower the gain din sa amp for your subs. Based on what you're saying, it seems like your pair of subs is drowning your seps.

Gluck! Btw, what do you want? SPL? SQ or a little of both?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wrong box type! Use a sealed one.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    * v6dreamer

WOW WOW WOW!!! The MAN the GURU!!!

Thanks po sa help... I really needed these one... I will surely try your tutorial... Hope I could do these along with a friend... I'll keep you updated.. tapusin ko lang po ung new Box para sa SUBS.. parang garalgal kasi ung SUB box ko "Ported na 2 cube ft" each box... I'll try go for higher volume ng box... hirap pagkasyahin sa trunk ng Civic 2002...

ito po pic ng back w/o grills on...

Anyway, first day in the morning ng saturday... gawin ko to.. I have it printed already and ready to go... I just hope I could get it correctly... These will be fun DIY with the help of your great tutorial... Sound Staging...
    So you have 2 12" solo-baric L7 square subs w/ 50-750 power ranges(watts RMS) and your ported box is type 3 ported box w/ a 2.25 volume cu.ft. Good choice. But, what in the world you need a 2 12" subs for a small car like civic? That one subs will do, enought to wake up the whole neighborhood if you slammed that monster. To get what you paid for your going to need a lots of DYNAMAT to reinforces your trunk to help reduce noise and rattles improved sound quality and fewer annoying vibration.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Here's my system in my honda accord its simple but imaging and staging is excellent like listening to a concert hall.
    Front speakers:: 6 1/2 Magnat component w/ ceramics dome tweeter.
    Rear speakers:: 6x9 nakamichi 2 way speakers
    Subs:: Infinity 10" basslink 250 watts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
About Sound Clarity