New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I was reading something in the NissanBayan Forums..and there was something about a P5,000 sound system. I also have a question below.

Here it is below:

.....ok, an all targa setup is nothing new to us you might say. but what set this car apart from the others is that, all are running via HU in 2 ohms. the speakers are 4 targa coaxials front and rear wired parallel through the HU's front speaker level out. the rear speaker out powers the 2 x 10" targa running IB(free-air). his HU btw, is a pioneer(forgot the exact model)...but it's the same series as the 7450.

once in the driver seat, i noticed that the sound was pulled all the way to the back where the 2 coaxials and the 2 x 10" subwoofers. ok, imaging is not its strong suit. but the tonal balance is something you will be amazed with. in fact, if you take-out the imaging in the equation and just based in on it's overall tonal balance...this car would easily put to shame most setups with a budget 3 to 5 times more......

U can hook up a Subwoofer without an amp? or does this guy have an amp??

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    the guy doesn't have an amp. he's using the direct sub output feature of the pioneer headunit.

i've done something similar during my early years of car audio installation. i hooked up (2) 15" subs to the stock headunit of my vanette. i used a custom passive crossover to divide the frequencies between the rear coaxials and the subs. end result was a noticable low frequency output but it doesn't put out as much if were driven by an amp.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It sounds like something I might do or try to do in the near future. I'd just like nice sounds to listen to..something clear..then maybe in the future I could throw in an amp. Bcuz right now..my sound system sounds sound like ur listening to the music and listening to the innerworkings of the headunit at the same time.

Any suggestions on which model Pioneer headunit should i get that has that sub output feature? Do they run about P5,000? more or less?

5K Sound Setup??